Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 05:14 AM

Default A Fine Use Of A Firearm

The sumbitch came at him with a knife, slashing him viciously.

This is an example of why Americans should possess, and know how to use, guns.

(excerpt)"Stabbed by a burglar in his own garage, a Texas homeowner fought back, shooting the suspect three times.

Danny Dunn of Corpus Christi told local KRIS-TV that when an intruder entered his home just before 6 a.m. yesterday, he was determined to not go down without a fight.

"This is one homeowner that you ain't going to mess with," Dunn said. "I'll take the next one down too."

Police arrested a suspect, 22-year-old Daniel Holcomb, at a nearby hospital where he was being treated for gunshot wounds to his arm, leg and pelvis.

Dunn, in his garage heading to work, said he saw the burglar rummaging through his belongings and shouted at him.

That's when the burglar attacked.

"He came at me with a knife, he cut me on the hand, and on the face, I took 49 stitches total," Dunn told the TV station.

The homeowner said the burglar then tried to escape the same way he entered, by crawling underneath the cracked-open garage door, but he couldn't get out.

A frightened Dunn then raced inside and grabbed his .22 caliber rifle.

"He had pushed the garage door opener and it went down, trapping him; he come at me again, and I shot him. ... I shot him three times," Dunn said.

The burglar left behind a trail of blood before falling to the ground just outside the garage.

"He flopped around out here for a while, and he wouldn't stay down, like I told him, I told him I was going to kill him, and I should have."
"(end excerpt)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=46606

If there were more Danny Dunns in this country, there'd be far fewer burglaries--and perhaps fewer burglars, too.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Re: A Fine Use Of A Firearm

".............I told him I was going to kill him, and I should have."
This man is no hero.
A real man would have ended this murdering thief's career.
Oh well......Now this thief will live and keep voting for the democrats. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
".............I told him I was going to kill him, and I should have."
This man is no hero.
A real man would have ended this murdering thief's career.
Oh well......Now this thief will live and keep voting for the democrats. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm generally against locking people up, but you belong in some sort of institution.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

...I'm generally against locking people up...

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we could send them to your place? Certainly would save the taxpayers a lot of $$$$$$.

And you could rehabilitate all of them. Turn them into honest, law-abiding, tax-paying contributors to the good of society. Great idea! Please call your local sheriff.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 11:27 AM

Like the sign as you enter the state sez, "Don't Mess With Texas." Or Texans with guns.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

...I'm generally against locking people up...

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps we could send them to your place? Certainly would save the taxpayers a lot of $$$$$$.

And you could rehabilitate all of them. Turn them into honest, law-abiding, tax-paying contributors to the good of society. Great idea! Please call your local sheriff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, the US system of incarcerating by far the highest proportion of people in the developed world has certainly kept crime levels low.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Of course, the US system of incarcerating by far the highest proportion of people in the developed world has certainly kept crime levels low.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you understand the problem(s) so well. To me, that can only mean you'd be so much better at doing what needs to be done. Have you made that phone call yet? C'mon, fella. Time's a-wastin'.

Old 10-01-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"He flopped around out here for a while, and he wouldn't stay down, like I told him, I told him I was going to kill him, and I should have." "

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why people shouldn't be so gun happy. If the man shot him here it is straight up murder two.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you understand the problem(s) so well. To me, that can only mean you'd be so much better at doing what needs to be done. Have you made that phone call yet? C'mon, fella. Time's a-wastin'.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have no response to the point that (ridiculously) high US incarceration rates have not led to low levels of crime? Figures.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"He flopped around out here for a while, and he wouldn't stay down, like I told him, I told him I was going to kill him, and I should have." "

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why people shouldn't be so gun happy. If the man shot him here it is straight up murder two.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't shoot him again at that point, though. Moreover, the shots he placed--in the leg and pelvis region--were unlikely to be fatal.

The gun may have saved Danny Dunn's life.

This example illustrates the answer to the question another poster posed in another thread, regarding what circumstances someone might actually need a gun.

Danny Dunn should be considered a minor folk hero of sorts.

He acted courageously, yet with restraint; he effectively thwarted and brought down a dangerous and potentially deadly attacker; and his actions and comments ought to be a deterrent to future potential sumbitches of all stripes and flavors in his neighborhood.

It's a real bitch to be a sumbitch--especially if you meet a Danny Dunn[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]