Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 08-14-2005, 02:32 AM

Default On a steal, typical turn raise...

BB plays ~20%vpip ~12%pfr-ish style of game. Probably one of you guys.

We have not had any prior blind battles. I don't think we've played a hand together past the flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?

I KNOW that my opponents are full of it here often.

Should I check call it here against an aggressive player with a weak draw with possibly more outs?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: On a steal, typical turn raise...

somebody plz respond here.... this is a part of SH games where I don't know what to do.

But i think you need to fold here, can't see which hands you beat besides complete bluffs without a K or Q.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:31 AM

Fold.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:43 AM

If villian flopped second or third pair or a flush draw, he'd usually raise you on the flop (assuming an agressive player). It is unlikely that villian is raising with a diamond draw here unless he has specifically 10 8 diamonds or x 7 diamonds, both of which are more likely to be raised on the flop. It is most likely that villian called the flop with top pair aces and waited for the turn to pop it. Since you're not getting the odds to draw to your inside straight draw, I'd fold here.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:36 AM

If opponent is aggressive, I like check-calling the turn more because they really will raise a board like this very often and you have almost no showdown value with your Jack-high so there is no other option than folding to a raise.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:20 PM

I check-fold the turn
Old 08-14-2005, 01:51 PM

3-bet.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice first post
Old 08-14-2005, 02:31 PM

IMO, this is a SB stealing hand only if the BB is passive and will fold a lot pf or release quickly post flop. Yes, against a random hand you are probably ahead but that means less than being OOP.
You have little showdown value and are dead toa complete bluff. Fold and re-evaluate your stealing strategy...
Old 08-14-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">IMO, this is a SB stealing hand only if the BB is passive and will fold a lot pf or release quickly post flop.</font> Yes, against a random hand you are probably ahead but that means less than being OOP.
<font color="blue">You have little showdown value</font> and are dead toa complete bluff. Fold and re-evaluate your stealing strategy...

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">Having a player like this is a dream, it rarely happens though. Most players are either tag's or lag's.

So you think open completing is better? -I've been trying this and I like it. Reading hands becomes easier.

Or would you fold this? -I don't really like this.

</font>

<font color="blue">When this hand hits the flop, it's usually pretty strong.

Yes, it has no showdown value.</font>

Anyways, I 3-bet the turn because the second ace made it half as likely that he held an ace, and this is a nice bluffing card for him + tags like to move fellow tags off hands + this is a blind steal.

He folded. I'm pretty sure I just spewed chips and won the dick waving competition. Anyways, I guess you could call it a semi-bluff 3-bet. I could have up to ten outs if I was behind to a low pair, 9 or 7.