Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: My downswing is officially over!

My graph at the 55s looks almost exactly like that, except I went negative for a while. Finally pulled out ahead yesterday as well.

Maybe party and skins have flipped the switch so noobs start losing again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 10:03 AM

Without posts like this, I would've given up SNGs and possibly poker.

I don't play professionally (I have a 9 to 5 office job), but I refuse to play if I'm a losing player. During my first 100+ game downswing, I was bummed out and I could barely get myself to play. I just wasn't finding losing fun. I had people evaluate my play, and they convinced me to stick with it. Since then, I've had ups and downs, but more ups then downs.

I recently got off a heater, and seem to be in another downswing. Now I have a different attitude towards running poorly... I just want to keep playing so that I can start running well again and get back to taking suckers' money.

Stay positive. Keep with it. Constantly try to improve your play.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:21 AM

Good to hear. I've been frustrated over my last 150-200 games because I've been treading around the same level, but it could be much worse.

Congrats
Old 08-11-2005, 12:56 PM

I'm on a downswing at the moment, over around 250 sngs. I'm hoping that by playing 80 sngs a day that it'll be over within a few days. What's funny is I only neeeded a few EV days to get me to the $55s for good. Didn't plan on spending any more than 5 days at the $22s.

A downswing isn't something you need as you start playing 80 sngs instead of the usual 10.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:02 PM

I dont think me pwning you heads up really helped your downstreak much [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 04:07 PM

Well, hardly anyone knows my screenames, most of the guys I've been HU against have had no idea, and I haven't made it HU often enough to randomly come up against a 2+2er [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-11-2005, 04:28 PM

Congratulations! I just got over a bit of a nasty one myself. It's definitely a relief to start winning the coinflips again and get my pushes called with less than pocket aces.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:31 PM

Damnit, stop passing on the curse. ITM 2 times out of 15 SnGs today, with six straight AA/KK cracked.

Have to bring my voodoo gear out, I guess. A chicken for a win seems like a fair trade.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:34 PM

nice!

i've been on a downswing ever since i switched to eurobet since no pp rakeback (tho now of course i've found out there is pp rakeback) but i won $160 last night in 10s and $40 the night before, so now i'm back up again...the downswing lasted maybe 150 sngs...which is a lot for someone who only plays some evenings after work...but the heater (even if it ends now after just one day) makes it all worth the grind when u are playing even for a period
Old 08-12-2005, 08:56 PM

After seeing a couple graphs and hearing a couple stories like these, I honestly don't know why people keep saying that SNGs have the smallest variance.

These folks have obviously never played 25NL-100NL.