Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: A few hands from my wonderful day.

1: (AKs) i'd push. calling is ok too, but less good.

2: (k2) i'd push. BB will call with a wide range (it'd be nice to know his stack size), and you'll be ahead sometimes.

3: the bubble baffles me, but i can't see not calling here.

4: (AT) T130 and fold to raise.

5: (AQ) make it 200, call a push
Old 08-05-2005, 03:59 PM

Regarding point 1, do those of you that push also do so without the flush draw?
Old 08-05-2005, 04:04 PM

Hand 1: This isnt an easy hand here. This is pretty read dependent, and its hard to know what to do here without a read. However, without a read on the SB, Im fold ing this hand and hating it. You cant call here, so your only options are all-in or fold. If your going to risk your entire stack on Ace high and the nut flush draw, you better be damn sure on what your doing. (although you do have some fold equity) And since I have NO reads, Im not damn sure. I put SB on A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hand 2: Fold . You have less than 3X the BB, with little fold equity, not to mention awful postion and a hand that can be easily dominated. Try to gamble and get lucky in the blinds. I wouldnt have letten myself get this low in this position.

Hand 3: I can understand folding here, since if you do the BB will have to post the SB next and youll have around a 350 chip lead on him on the bubble. However, I think I have the Button dominated here, and Im only in awful shape against 2 hands. (and he prolly wouldnt push those) Not to mention the increased chance of finishing 2nd or even 1st. I call , expect Button to flip over a hand like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and take down the pot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hand 4: Gap Concept and position warrants a raise to 150 here. I can also see folding being ok here, since its early on and you want to keep the pot small. However, I still think raising is the best option.

Hand 5: Im limping here. The call from Utg +1 and another limper indicates that I probobly dont have that much better of a hand then they do, and this also gives me a chance to keep the pot small early on, and not force myself to bet a flop and get commited.

[\Answer Sheet] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 04:06 PM

1- push
2- push/ it might be close
3- call
4- make it 150
5- make it 200
Old 08-05-2005, 04:17 PM

Hand 1 - Definite push. You're likely flipping coins if he calls and you have more fold equity than I think you're giving yourself credit for.

Hand 2 - Yuck. I don't think there's that much of a difference between a fold and push. I lean toward fold and pray for a better situation in the BB, but I wouldn't argue a push.

Hand 3 - Call. If I had 5-6 BB or a larger lead over the shorty, I'd consider a laydown to try and preserve third, but with just 3 BB yourself, I think it's go time. SNGPT could tell you for sure, but my instinct says call.

Hand 4 - Standard raise. Folding here is pretty weak, but I understand the logic. I still like the raise since I don't mind playing flops, though I'd definitely prefer not to see one here.

Hand 5 - If I raise, it goes to 250. I limp here, unless V1/V2 have shown a willingness to limp/fold preflop to a raise. Kind of a 'tweener because you aren't going to like it if you get a caller and miss the flop, but limping along just doesn't feel right either. I doubt either way is much wronger than the other.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:30 PM

How much do people hate a push in hand 5?
Old 08-05-2005, 04:30 PM

I'm gonna try and answer before reading any responses and before checking SNGPT.

1. Push. You're almost definitely a favorite, and the pot is big enough now.

2. Gross. I fold, but I'm not happy with my situation either way. I don't think a push is terrible either.

3. Tough laydown that I think you need to make. Fold. Doubling up doesn't give you a great shot at first, and you're in good position in that you can make sure the short stack never gets to keep his big blind. (EDIT: I changed my mind. I call)

4. Make it 150.

5. Make it 200.

Now I'm gonna read other responses and check out my leaks.

Good post, btw. These are important decisions.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3. Tough laydown that I think you need to make. Fold. Doubling up doesn't give you a great shot at first, and you're in good position in that you can make sure the short stack never gets to keep his big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate folding in these kinds of situations. The shortstack only needs to win 1 showdown before you're the one on life support instead of him.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much do people hate a push in hand 5?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a +EV play. I wouldn't do it though.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

3. Tough laydown that I think you need to make. Fold. Doubling up doesn't give you a great shot at first, and you're in good position in that you can make sure the short stack never gets to keep his big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate folding in these kinds of situations. The shortstack only needs to win 1 showdown before you're the one on life support instead of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't even know anymore.

I'd like to revoke my suggestion and call.