Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Please god make it stop!

Mostly in the $22s. I went a little crazy with 30+3 rebuy MTTs for a while so my SnG profits for a week or two was used to fill that hole.

I am a pussy though. Every time I decide to move up I hit a breakeven streak of 100 $22s and decide it is probably best to wait a little while.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't help. I have 500 buyins and still hate being down 30. Basically since you never expect to use all your money as bankroll in the first place your mental bankroll is 30-40.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap! Here I thought that I was out there keeping like 200 buy-ins in my account. But you're right, the mental bankroll starts to kick in regardless of the amount of buy-ins you have. I had a stretch of 200 games where I was down over 30 buy-ins and even though my B/R was healthy, it still weighed on my mind.

Of course the next 200 games more than made up for it (super heater) but you do begin to feel like you'll never ITM again during those streaks.

I can't imagine how bad it must be for the people that move up with only 40 buy-ins or whatever. I think I'd be playing with scared money. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 10:49 AM

I started playing 6 buckers, and once i had 20 buyin's for the 11's i moved up, and then once i had 20 buyins again for the 20's i've moved up. I'm working my way up the 20's but it slow cause im only playing one table at a time, but once i hit 30 buy ins for the 33's ill move up. However, i notice that i start to feel the pain of a down swing after only losing 3 sng's in a row. HAHAHA, i know what your all thinking (you've seen nothing yet), however, im fully prepared to drop down levels if i hit the 20x buyin mark for the lower level. Can't wait for that first 30 buyin down swing eventually
Old 08-04-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I started playing 6 buckers, and once i had 20 buyin's for the 11's i moved up, and then once i had 20 buyins again for the 20's i've moved up. I'm working my way up the 20's but it slow cause im only playing one table at a time, but once i hit 30 buy ins for the 33's ill move up. However, i notice that i start to feel the pain of a down swing after only losing 3 sng's in a row. HAHAHA, i know what your all thinking (you've seen nothing yet), however, im fully prepared to drop down levels if i hit the 20x buyin mark for the lower level. Can't wait for that first 30 buyin down swing eventually

[/ QUOTE ]

DON'T DON'T DON'T play the 6's. Switch to another site and play 5.50's, play under bankrolled for the 11s, but don't play the 6's. There is no reason on earth to pay a 20% vig on each tourney. Even if you have good stats, they could be much better playing somewhere else with .50 less in vig for each game.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try to be overbankrolled for the limits you play at so that you don't feel it affect you as much. I still have 100+ buyins for the $10s, so a $150 downswing doesn't seem as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't help. I have 500 buyins and still hate being down 30. Basically since you never expect to use all your money as bankroll in the first place your mental bankroll is 30-40.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prolly a good thing I decided 30 Buyins wasn't enough a couple months ago.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:13 PM

Yep. The extra part of my $55s bankroll is really part of my $109 bankroll already, which is really part of my $215 bankroll, which is really part of my $1065 bankroll, which is really part of my Ferrari.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:15 PM

Im only person that thinks playing the 6's is fine? I think that if you are trying to learn to improve for the higher levels, then who gives a crap about the vig, you arent playing for maximum profit yet and okay, you should still be able to win. The $6's are mainly for training purposes IMO. If you are trying to make a living playing $5 sit and gos however and have no intention of moving up, you should then play on Pokerstars.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:25 PM

Hold in there guys, I just lost 25% of my roll playing $5 SNGs, but then flew up 40% of my original roll, so now up 15%.... was scary as hell though. Stick with it.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:49 PM

Please put "Low content" or "No content" in title in the future.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:05 PM

Thanks man, thats what I needed to read after my 25 buy in downsizing. I feel I can get back on my A game now. Can't wait for friday night...