Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: I don\'t get it. 3 bands

For NMH, you seem to be mistaking feedback, distortion, and a lo-fi sound with lack of musical ability. Besides being able to play their instruments, their songs are also well arranged and produced.

Arcade Fire - Listen to Rebellion (Lies), I don't know why that would motivate you to kill yourself. Tunnels is a funky love song, I don't know why it would make you want to kill yourself. The break-down in Crown of Love is sweet. I mean, whatever, some of the songs are downers (Laika, named after the Russian cosmo-dog sent into space with no expectation to return), but I mean, I don't see why that's a bad thing.

Decemberists - I wasn't a big fan of Colin Meloy's voice for a while either, but Picaresque kind of changed everything. Again, you're nitpicking on his voice and completely ignoring the fact that they make great music (e.g. most of their stuff, but let's say Angel, Won't You Call Me?, Engine Driver, and the Sporting Life).

But, some will never be convinced, and that's fine with me.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: I don\'t get it. 3 bands

[ QUOTE ]
For NMH, you seem to be mistaking feedback, distortion, and a lo-fi sound with lack of musical ability. Besides being able to play their instruments, their songs are also well arranged and produced.

Arcade Fire - Listen to Rebellion (Lies), I don't know why that would motivate you to kill yourself. Tunnels is a funky love song, I don't know why it would make you want to kill yourself. The break-down in Crown of Love is sweet. I mean, whatever, some of the songs are downers (Laika, named after the Russian cosmo-dog sent into space with no expectation to return), but I mean, I don't see why that's a bad thing.

Decemberists - I wasn't a big fan of Colin Meloy's voice for a while either, but Picaresque kind of changed everything. Again, you're nitpicking on his voice and completely ignoring the fact that they make great music (e.g. most of their stuff, but let's say Angel, Won't You Call Me?, Engine Driver, and the Sporting Life).

But, some will never be convinced, and that's fine with me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aw [censored], yer gonna make me download those songs again. But I'm certain that's not why I disliked NMH.

Ok, I'll give those Arcade Fire and Decemberists songs another shot.

NMH doesn't get another shot.