Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Request from 2+2 newbie: I want to sweat you!

Hello,
This is my first place in this forum, and I must say, there are some very knowledgable people here (but I guess you already knew that?). I'm an active poster on another poker forum, and have lurked here for a while. I have won a few small buyin mtts on pokerstars, but I'm looking for help to take my game to the next level.

I was posting to see if I could sweat one of the better players here in a MTT tonight on AIM (just telling me your hands or any insight you want to share). I am having a difficult time building a stack early in MTTs, but when I do I usually can finish pretty high, which is why I would like to see how YOU build a stack. If you are interested, respond here so I can PM you or just PM me.

I would appreciate this very much, thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 04-25-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Request from 2+2 newbie: I want to sweat you!

Just in case your not a troll and are really looking to learn tournament play by reviewing hand histories, here are some links to tourney reports posted recently. Hopefully they will give you some insight to strategies employed by some winning players.

Winning the Empire 15K (really really long) by adanthar.

Winning the party super Tuesday - Extremely long by Punker.

There is also a hand replayer available on http://teamfu.freeshell.org/visitor_histories.html that some players have posted to that will allow you to see the action as it took place during a tournament.

However, to discuss live hands during play using any IM (or even after the hand), might be construed as collusion. And for many other reasons, is not advisable with someone unknown to this board.

HTH, Steve
Old 04-25-2005, 02:59 PM

Thanks for the reply, but I am definitely not trolling. Sorry if it came off that way. And yes, I have been through those more than once!

[ QUOTE ]
However, to discuss live hands during play using any IM (or even after the hand), might be construed as collusion. And for many other reasons, is not advisable with someone unknown to this board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea thats a tough one, but I wouldn't be playing in the tourney, so I don't think thats really colluding.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, to discuss live hands during play using any IM (or even after the hand), might be construed as collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't be worried about it re: collusion. i'd be worried that the other guy in the hand was the guy on the other end of the IM.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, to discuss live hands during play using any IM (or even after the hand), might be construed as collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't be worried about it re: collusion. i'd be worried that the other guy in the hand was the guy on the other end of the IM.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I can't blame you guys for thinking this since I don't have any posts. Anyone want to have some blind faith in me? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2005, 03:08 PM

If I'm available when you are playing sometime I might be willing to sweat you. IM is sloth469.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:27 PM

Hey are there any other places where I could get hand histories? thanks