Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Wisdom Teeth

I had 3 out back in 2000. I was more worried about the IV than anything else... the thought of having a needle dangling out of my arm gives me the heebie-jeebies.

But when they stuck it in and told me to count backwards, I was out like a light.

I watched Three Kings and ate ice cream when I got home... to this day, I can't remember a damn thing about that movie.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:43 PM

I just had a few removed a few months ago. I was under anesthetic (paid $780 for this and it was worth every penny) and was pretty much miserable for 3 days. My mom had hers removed and she was in bed for a week, my dad had his removed and he was eating pizza that night. Everyone reacts differently.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:49 PM

I had all 4 done on a thursday under general anasthesia. I felt find and everything was good when I went back to work Monday. Then something happened and I had the most massive jaw ache the next few days, and it was absolutely unbnearable. My dentist had gone on vacation for that week so i never went to see him until he got back. He said I had dry socket and should have gone to see a dentist.

It was definitely the most painful experience of my life.

rJ
Old 03-28-2005, 07:58 PM

I had all four pulled 6 months ago. From the time I walked through the doors at the oral surgeon's office to the time I walked out was less than an hour.

I took one dose of Percodan right when I left, then never anything else. I worked (poker) that night, then went bowling, then ate a nice porterhouse at Outback that night.

I think who you go to makes a HUGE difference in how hard the procedure is on your body. Also, don't be a gine.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:04 PM

I had 2 taken out with local numbing in 2 separate procedures. They both were underneath my gums and were growing sideways.

The first one took 2 hours. The root broke off sideways in my gums and it took a while to dig out. Afterwards, it got infected and I had a high fever on the subsequent days. It took about 3 days before I could eat ANYTHING. The range of motion of my jaw was from closed-to-1millimeter open. I also had a sore throat so bad that my body would convulse every time I swallowed. Tylenol 3 only worked for like an hour each time I took it. I didn't sleep for 2 days because of the pain. Bleeding for a week.

I was so afraid after that, that I waited a year to get the 2nd one out.

The 2nd one was about the same without the fever/sorethroat/infection.

No fun.
I still have 2 more. I hope they don't grow.