Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 12:50 AM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Flopped set with 3-flush flop

Sweet, I'm a newbie!

Any room for improvement here? I'm working on being mor aggressive in situations such as this, knowing I have two redraws. What do you guys do with this flop?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (13 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 01-22-2005, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Flopped set with 3-flush flop

i play the same, is there anything in particular you didnt like about your line?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:54 AM

That would be my line, as well.

Are you concerned that you shouldn't have raised or that you should have capped?
Old 01-22-2005, 12:54 AM

Go ahead and cap this flop. You've got two other players in the pot and you'll hit your 7-outer on the turn or 10-outer on the river far often enough to warrant putting in another bet on the flop.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:55 AM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
i play the same, is there anything in particular you didnt like about your line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, just wanted to see if raising this flop is a worthwhile play in most cases. My fear of flushes is a serious leak in my game, so I'm trying to take a more aggressive stance and was curious if it's the right play. Obviously once the turn hit, my fear is gone.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That would be my line, as well.

Are you concerned that you shouldn't have raised or that you should have capped?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, now that you mention it... I guess that's next on the agenda. Thanks
Old 01-22-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Go ahead and cap this flop. You've got two other players in the pot and you'll hit your 7-outer on the turn or 10-outer on the river far often enough to warrant putting in another bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have raised and just called the 3-bet, but I think you're right. I guess I just needed to see it in print.

Alright then, yeah. Cap the flop.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:04 AM

i think its fine. you raise gains you information about his hand now, while its still cheap.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think its fine. you raise gains you information about his hand now, while its still cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not worried about "information" on another player's hand right here. You're worried about how much money you can put into this pot, leading or trailing here be damned.

You will fill up here almost half the time you flop a set. And because it's still cheap, that's exactly why you want to jam this flop. Given the opportunity to cap this flop with these cards, you should do it approximately 100 percent of the time in a multi-player field.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:37 AM

ok...so cap for pot equity reasons, i like it! if the turn hadnt paired the board would you cap it? what about if your flop raise got you heads up, would you 3 bet then?