Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 12:33 AM

Default Poker Tracker hand importation question

My Poker Tracker trial expired long ago and I was thinking about purchasing it. I have what may be a problem though which I do not see covered in it's help section.

I have a laptop at home...but over half of my poker time is now spent on my girlfriends computer at her place. I would prefer to install Poker Tracker on my laptop. I am sure some of you play on different computers and wonder how you get all your hand histories imported to your Poker Tracker.

I have an Earthlink account and generally import my email to Outlook as soon as I access the internet with my personal computer if that information helps.

Thanks,
Leavenfish
Old 09-15-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker hand importation question

I'm a brand new PT user, so I'm just getting the hang of this software myself. But I would think you could just request hand histories while playing at the GF's house and then import them into PT later from e-mail.

Or install PT on her computer and create a database there. Then for analysis you could burn a CD ROM of the GF computer database, then load it onto your laptop.

Haven't done it, but it seems like it should work.

-Lance
Old 09-15-2004, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My Poker Tracker trial expired long ago and I was thinking about purchasing it. I have what may be a problem though which I do not see covered in it's help section.

I have a laptop at home...but over half of my poker time is now spent on my girlfriends computer at her place. I would prefer to install Poker Tracker on my laptop. I am sure some of you play on different computers and wonder how you get all your hand histories imported to your Poker Tracker.

I have an Earthlink account and generally import my email to Outlook as soon as I access the internet with my personal computer if that information helps.

Thanks,
Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter where you are playing, when you request hand histories Party or whoever sends them to the e-mail address they have on record. If you put PT on your laptop and get your e-mails on that laptop, everything will be there.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks,
Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter where you are playing, when you request hand histories Party or whoever sends them to the e-mail address they have on record. If you put PT on your laptop and get your e-mails on that laptop, everything will be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only other thing you need to do is keep your party notes files in sync between the laptop and you GF's computer.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:46 PM

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

The only other thing you need to do is keep your party notes files in sync between the laptop and you GF's computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks everyone...

When you say 'notes', that's a feature I never used during the trial (might not have been available during the trial). Are you speaking of the notes you make of individuals at your table? If so, I'm not even sure how they would be come 'out of sync'?? Perhaps there will be something in the help files once I download it.

---Leavenfish
Old 09-15-2004, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you speaking of the notes you make of individuals at your table? If so, I'm not even sure how they would be come 'out of sync'?? Perhaps there will be something in the help files once I download it.

---Leavenfish

[/ QUOTE ]

Party lets you make notes on players at the table. You right click on the box with the player's name, then click on notes. These notes are kept on your hard drive. If you play on two computers, the notes for any given player will only be available on the computer where you made the notes.