Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 03:44 PM

Default AA.................

100nl UB full

Villain has 113, hero covers. Villain has been playing pretty tight, nothing special.

preflop
UTG min raises to 2, hero raises to 9 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], villain in LP calls, UTG calls.

flop
6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
pot 27

UTG checks, hero bets 20, villain calls, UTG folds.

turn
9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pot 67
hero checks (UGH!), villain checks

river
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pot 67

Hero bets 25 (thinks he's weak), villain pushes for 59 on top. (HUH?)
Old 12-26-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: AA.................

[ QUOTE ]
100nl UB full

Villain has 113, hero covers. Villain has been playing pretty tight, nothing special.

preflop
UTG min raises to 2, hero raises to 9 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], villain in LP calls, UTG calls.

flop
6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
pot 27

UTG checks, hero bets 20, villain calls, UTG folds.

turn
9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pot 67
hero checks (UGH!), villain checks

river
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pot 67

Hero bets 25 (thinks he's weak), villain pushes for 59 on top. (HUH?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's betting a set on the turn but then again, he could be trying to trap you since your hand is pretty clear. I'd probably call the river and hope to see KK (although I think we're seeing a set here a lot).

I think check calling this river is far better, he probably bets all hands you beat (that he would call with) and you save something if you're behind.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:33 PM

Pre-flop raise was good. Aces are expensive to get beat with, so you need to cut out the junk hands. After a raise to 9BB, what's his range to call you with? I'd put him on, JJ+ and AK.

Flop bet could have been higher. Say full pot size.

Turn. Yuck. Keep betting. If he's played this far with 88, he'll lose eventually. At this point, I think his range is JJ+.

River. This does scare me a bit since it puts one of the hands in his range ahead. I think we can rule out JJ after his push. I'd have you ahead of 6 KKs behind 3QQs and tying with AA. I'd think KK is less likely push, but I still think this is a call.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop raise was good. Aces are expensive to get beat with, so you need to cut out the junk hands. After a raise to 9BB, what's his range to call you with? I'd put him on, JJ+ and AK.

Flop bet could have been higher. Say full pot size.

Turn. Yuck. Keep betting. If he's played this far with 88, he'll lose eventually. At this point, I think his range is JJ+.

River. This does scare me a bit since it puts one of the hands in his range ahead. I think we can rule out JJ after his push. I'd have you ahead of 6 KKs behind 3QQs and tying with AA. I'd think KK is less likely push, but I still think this is a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling that reraise with any pair if I'm villain, there's no reason to limit his range to non-set pp's.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:13 PM

if villain is tight you can prolly check fold after that turn card hits. he will check behind with the hands you are beating anyway. if you bet your gonna be getting a great price on his push but i doubt he pushes with anything you beat an im not sure he calls with anything you beat either. if you check the river an he bets real small ill look him up.

paul
Old 12-26-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if hero is tight as a nun's ass you can prolly check fold after that turn card hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

My first FYP.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if villain is tight you can prolly check fold after that turn card hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?
Old 12-26-2005, 06:01 PM

If I raise PF with AA I don't like to c-bet unless I flop the other two aces. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I raise PF with AA I don't like to c-bet unless I flop the other two aces. Better to be safe than sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are a pussy.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry the repairman is on his way over.