Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 12-17-2005, 06:12 PM

Default PL Omaha 8 .10/.25 Push this turn?

MP3 is a donk, not a lag, just a donk, plays wierd/bad
starting hands and will call down to the river with them.
CO just sat down a couple hands ago after watching awhile.
This table is very loose, (80%+) so I started playing
loose too. This is probably a mistake to call this hand
PF. But how do you feel about the rest of the play? I
put out a feeler bet on the flop, probably should of
folded there, right? Now, on the turn, I figure maybe
I can get this heads up and hit an out? or at least 1/2?
Twodimes says I was 31%, and others are 43%, and 26%

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.25 BB (9 handed) converter

MP3 ($12.95)
CO ($27.05)
Button ($12.30)
Hero ($12.60)
BB ($9.90)
UTG ($5)
UTG+1 ($1.25)
MP1 ($15.85)
MP2 ($21.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.50, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($5) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $1.5</font>, CO calls $1.50, Button calls $1.50, Hero calls $1, BB calls $1, UTG folds.

Turn: ($13) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10.35 (All-In)</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $10.7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $21.05</font>, Button folds.

River: ($55.10) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $55.10
Old 12-17-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: PL Omaha 8 .10/.25 Push this turn?

I hate every street. Pre-flop is okay, I guess. Your hand is looking for a longshot flop, but I guess it's not such a big deal completing in the SB and then closing the action once the BB raises. Fine.

Flop bet is... pretty bad. It makes no sense. WTF is a feeler bet? You have nothing, out of position in a raised pot. Why do you need to bet to know that you have nothing? Then you get raised and decide to call the raise with no hand and no draw? Exactly what turn card are you hoping for? Check-folding the flop is your only option here.

The turn card is one of the better cards you could have hoped for. Now at least you have a draw. That doesn't necessarily mean you should lead out for the pot. You have 7 clean outs to make your flush, some of which may be for only half of the pot if a better low is out there. It's not exactly a dominating hand you got there. Now, if your low is live then you have a decent holding. Otherwise you're in trouble. So I would check the turn and consider calling only if you're being offered favorable pot odds.

You really overplayed this hand and I think you were lucky to have that much equity when the money went in on the turn.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:47 PM

TG,

Your right. Im not used to playing PL,
so I need to work on not playing OOP.
I also should have folded the flop or
check called the turn.

My low was live but the turn came a
another 4, turns out both had the str8,
and they split the pot.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:08 PM

I think the flop call is just okay given the odds here. I hate this type of hand since even if you make the nuts there's little protection for it. Bet on the flop is horrible because bottom two pair with this many people can only get you in big big trouble.
Call on the flop is horrible. You are drawing to runners (that would make you feel relatively safe about your hand).

Moving all in on the turn isn't a good idea. There's no way a lot of hands are folding and you are drawing to a non pair club. With this board almost any hand is getting appropriate odds to call because almost every four card combo has a straight draw of some kind (if not already has the straight). Also, you need everyone to hang around because your outs shouldn't improve by any fold.

I'm shocked you were 31% equity. At best you are usually 14ish% with a flush draw that doesn't pair the board. (that's not counting the split pots on a low card)
The low is tough since you can only make a seven five low. Too easy for an A3/A2/32 to be still hanging around trying to take half.