Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: 10/20 flop play

i don't like your plan for precisely the reason you outline...

that is, calling the 3-bet with the intention of being in position to shut out the original raiser. basically, if you like this flop, how frequently is it going to be beneficial to c/r the flop as opposed to betting? now i suppose you're much more likely to get 3-bet on the flop if you just call preflop than if you cap... so i'm ok with pf. but i think your plan should be to lead most flops.

i like what cdc said about the flop c/r, though, if it won't be read as too much strength.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:52 AM

there's not many better boards to tie your opponents to the pot with top pair than this one
Old 12-05-2005, 12:09 PM

Pot is not big enough for us to c/r to protect and bet/3-betting allows us to c/r the turn if we choose to when he caps.

I don't know if bet/3-betting then c/ring the turn is that good though as we lose MP2 on the turn a lot of the time that he doesn't improve to beat us?

what are dumb aggro guys raising / calling ranges?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like your plan for precisely the reason you outline...

that is, calling the 3-bet with the intention of being in position to shut out the original raiser. basically, if you like this flop, how frequently is it going to be beneficial to c/r the flop as opposed to betting? now i suppose you're much more likely to get 3-bet on the flop if you just call preflop than if you cap... so i'm ok with pf. but i think your plan should be to lead most flops.

i like what cdc said about the flop c/r, though, if it won't be read as too much strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a very good point about the interrelationship between pre-flop and flop play.

In general, if we hit the flop here we're going to want to be generating value, not protecting, as we'll never be vulnerable to overcards.

Hence, usually when we hit we'll want to be bet-three-betting the flop. If we plan on doing this and think we generally have an equity edge pre-flop, capping probably makes more sense there.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:23 PM

c/r and get it HU