Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: a free showdown hand

[ QUOTE ]
I never make this PF limp. Is this standard for everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, the limp is awful, but I wasn't going to bring it up since it always just degenerates into "no it isn't". "Yes it is". "It's bad because this book says blah blah in the preflop charts". "It's good because this book says blah blah in the preflop charts..."
Old 11-07-2005, 10:13 PM

I don't want to argue about it Bobby, but can you give me an idea of what you would need in a table to play suited aces early?

I'm not going to try to justify it either way, but I found myself doing it a lot this weekend and I haven't had much occasion to play these hands in these spots in months.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what you would need in a table to play suited aces early?

[/ QUOTE ]
Too vague. It depends how early and what my exact hand is. In a ten-handed game, I would play A2s and A3s in the first two positions pretty much never. If the game were perfect, i.e., seven people to every flop, never raised, etc., then yeah okay, but in a mere typical good loose passive game, I don't consider these hands playable here. I shouldn't have used the word "awful" because it is too strong without me knowing the table (I was picturing my typical good local 10/20 game, which may be different). The topic has been discussed here before, and it's pretty clear that the majority of people don't agree with me, which is fine, and I have no interest in starting a flame war; I just wanted to throw the opinion out there so people know that there isn't a consensus here that this is automatic.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:36 PM

No, I don't think its automatic at all. Thanks for clarifying.