Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Weak HU play?

you're a pussy.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't we better off punishing him in big bets rather then small ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how he plays back. A lot of LAGs give so little credence to flop raises/action that you'll get more action overall by raising the flop than you would by waiting for a big street. Most LAG players will give too much flop action and still bet the turn for you, but won't give you excess turn action unless you're in sorry shape.

Rob
Old 10-27-2005, 01:32 AM

I would raise flop for value, you are significantly ahead of his sb vs. bb capping range I assume. As entity said , LAGS won't fold hands you're ahead of and will 3bet worse hands fairly frequently. This is not a standard WA/WB.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't we better off punishing him in big bets rather then small ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how he plays back. A lot of LAGs give so little credence to flop raises/action that you'll get more action overall by raising the flop than you would by waiting for a big street. Most LAG players will give too much flop action and still bet the turn for you, but won't give you excess turn action unless you're in sorry shape.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

So on the flop if u get 3bet are u calling down or pushing it up a notch more?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise flop for value, you are significantly ahead of his sb vs. bb capping range I assume. As entity said , LAGS won't fold hands you're ahead of and will 3bet worse hands fairly frequently. This is not a standard WA/WB.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is kinda WA/WB, except we dont have to tread carefully because we aren't folding worse hands.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:06 AM

Results:

Villain had A3o and MHWG. If I had raised the flop how do you think Villain would have reacted? How about if I raised the turn The river?

Personally I see him folding on each street, possibly with the exception of the flop.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 09:50 AM

I think his capping range is so wide that I wouldn't even call it WA/WB (lots of gutshots w/ overs, etc.). Even if a situation is WA/WB, minimizing the amount of bets you put in is not necessarily the best line. It depends on the relative frequencies of being way ahead and way behind and the frequency that worse hands fold. Here worse hands aren't folding (including A3o) and you are ahead very often. People raise the flop with draws all the time which he will put you on often.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Results:

Villain had A3o and MHWG. If I had raised the flop how do you think Villain would have reacted? How about if I raised the turn The river?

Personally I see him folding on each street, possibly with the exception of the flop.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. when you raise the flop it means nothing to him and he is taking his ace high to showdown.