Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-24-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Do I want to go all-in with QQ early on?

Currently I'm ecstatic if I have a breakeven day, cause I'm being punished. Which has brought me to question some of my plays. These questions relates to $22 and $33, primarily on Bodog and Pokerroom, which means bigger starting stacks than Party.

Do I want to go all in with QQ preflop at the early levels? I often find myself dominated or at best a coinflip vs AK. Do my opponents often enough come along with lesser hand, to make it worthwhile?
Amd I guess the same goes for AK?
Old 07-24-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Do I want to go all-in with QQ early on?

QQ > AK. QQ dominates a lot more hands than AK does. QQ is 70/30 against any Ax or Kx, and AK isn't. QQ is 80/20 over smaller PP's that AK is an underdog too.

With 1500 stacks, it's a bit less worthwhile to get all-in with QQ, but depending on how much opponents suck, it's ok to 4-bet all-in.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Do I want to go all-in with QQ early on?

[ QUOTE ]
QQ > AK. QQ dominates a lot more hands than AK does. QQ is 70/30 against any Ax or Kx, and AK isn't. QQ is 80/20 over smaller PP's that AK is an underdog too.

With 1500 stacks, it's a bit less worthwhile to get all-in with QQ, but depending on how much opponents suck, it's ok to 4-bet all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, I know the win-percentages, but how often do you get someone to go all-in with Ato for instance? or 88? Often enough to ofset when it's AA/KK?