Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 08:57 PM

Default KK vs. 3 allins

Just moved to this table and the few hands I had seen were all raised, so I tried this. Are those allins too scary to call with KK or do I call this everytime?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) converter

Hero (t5579)
UTG+1 (t2430)
MP1 (t1525)
MP2 (t5713)
MP3 (t2265)
CO (t5104)
Button (t3734)
SB (t2060)
BB (t3115)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls t100, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t200</font>, Button calls t200, SB calls t150, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t5104</font>, Button calls t3534 (All-In), SB calls t1860 (All-In), Hero ????
Old 05-01-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: KK vs. 3 allins

I'm inclined to call here, you're getting great odds with a great hand. Additionally, 2 of the callers are significantly below you in stack size, so even if one of them beats you, you're likely to take in a big side pot off of the big stack unless he has AA.

Because neither the button nor the SB raised, its probably unlikely that they have AA, but more likely a lower pair or perhaps even a drawing hand which they are playing with the good odds.

Also, its a good possibility that there are a few AQs, AJ's, or maybe even AK out there blocking each others ace outs.

Of note is the stage of the tournament is a big factor in the decision. From the looks of it, its near the first break or so, which makes it a tougher call. If this were in the money, a fold is a smarter play as you'll likely increase your prize by having a player or two knocked out. If the payout structure is near, its probably a good idea to call, as you could end up with a huge stack likely to cruise to the final table.

I'd say call unless its the final table or so.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:18 PM

This one's scary.

CO minraises you, sees u limp RR, and pushes over the top. Who knows what the other 2 have, but I worry about him.

IMO this is entirely read-specific on CO. If he is capable of making this play with something other than aces, i guess it's a call. But based solely on the action, I may give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:55 PM

I think this is buyin dependent. At a very high buyin you might be able to fold this.