Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 01:33 PM

Default VC Poker Bonus

I read on Bonuswhores that deposit bonuses that VC offers is applicable to Golden Palace Poker as well. Is this true for the current bonus that VC Poker is offering now? I can't sign up with VC since I'm from the US so I'd like to take advantage of the bonus on Golden Palace if I could. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 02-02-2005, 02:14 PM

Default Re: VC Poker Bonus

the Golden Palace/VC bonus requires that 125 "action points" be accumulated to earn $1 in bonus. action points are awarded based on your share of the pot rake when you actually contribute to the pot. so for example, if you're one of 4 players who saw the flop and the eventual rake was $1, then 25 cents of that rake was attributed to you. on Apex Network sites like Golden Palace and Victor Chandler, every dollar of rake attributed to you is worth 100 action points. so you would get 25 action points on the hand detailed above.

Since it's 125 AP's = $1 bonus, you're essentially spending $1.25 in actual cash rake in order to earn $1 back in bonus. This is equivalent to an 80% rakeback deal, but compared to bonuses on other sites which are worth as much as 400% rakeback, it's not a particuarly good whoring opportunity.

not to rain on the people who already did this, but the biggest Apex ripoff is the Doyle's room promo where you get SS2 for "free" after earning 10000 action points. people are essentially paying $100 in cash rake, plus spending a lot of time and energy racking up points, to get the hardcover version of a book which is now available in paperback on Amazon for $23. Even more telling, that same amount of action would earn up to $400 in cash bonuses from Party skins (and would be cleared 2-3 times faster since ANY raked hand counts towards the bonus), and then you can buy someone else's hardcover on ebay and still have a ton of moolah left over.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:34 PM

While what you say is good analysis of VC, etc. I think it is a bit of a stretch to suggest people were passing up party/skin bonuses to play at Doyles for SS2.

It is much more likely most players were "between" Jan and Feb bonuses (or Dec and Jan bonuses) while they worked off their points at Doyles for the book.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:44 PM

the party skins statistic was merely one example that I used for comparison.

virtually *ANY* bonus offer on any other poker site would yield a higher cashback percentage on aggregate rake action, relative to the SS2 promo. I have whored heavily for many months and under the current state of the poker marketplace, will probably never get as far down as any of the Apex network sites unless there was additional side incentive from an affiliate to sign up.

if you had a good time playing Doyle's Room and earned the book at the end, that's great and your own prerogative. but there simply is no way to justify the financial 'value' of the SS2 offer with such a massive number of alternatives available for your time, money and energy.

I'd have to conclude that the majority of people whored for SS2 online because the site claimed that it wasn't going to be available in stores, so the real-world cash value of the hardcover printing was in the eye of the beholder. now that their promise is no longer true, the promo has become virtually unplayable.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have to conclude that the majority of people whored for SS2 online because the site claimed that it wasn't going to be available in stores, so the real-world cash value of the hardcover printing was in the eye of the beholder. now that their promise is no longer true, the promo has become virtually unplayable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well as far as the SS2 promo, I really just wanted to get the hardcover edition, irrelavent if the book sucked or not, I have a hc of ss1, so hey, I just put some money on doyles site and just played. Im not one of the biggest followers of bonuses, I just like the game.

Although, it does suck that the book just came out into the stores a few days apart from me getting the HC -- I knew they were going to release it soon, but I did not and still do not like the advertising of "this is the only place this book is availible"...u know they should have kept this promo going for a long while...all they did was delay publishing the sc for about 2 months.

Oh well...I still like the HC, hopefully the book doesnt suck, Ive heard mixed reviews.