Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Job Offer

Amazingly my old company called me today,and seems to be ready to offer me a job...... I really have no idea what to do.

I've been playing full time for almost a year now, The lifestyle is AWESOME, the money has been very good, the hours are great, the freedom is amazing. But I dont know what I should say if they make an offer.

I am thinking 100k + bonus would get me back (or a total comp of 150+). I really dont know what to do, This could be my biggest decision I ever make, as it possibly can change the rest of my life [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

HELP!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:48 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Job Offer

Not trying to be funny, but it depends. There are so many factors that go into a decision like this that it's difficult for virtual strangers to advise you. If you feel that you like being a professional poker player enough, and are confident you can keep winning enough to meet your needs and wants, then stick with it. If you'd rather have the security of a job, you can always play poker in your spare time.

Ultimately, only you can decide which course is better for you.

-Mike
Old 09-13-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and are confident you can keep winning enough to meet your needs and wants, then stick with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the only problem, there are so many people predicting this will end soon. So even if I am good, I dont know how much Ill be able to make in the future
Old 09-13-2005, 04:54 PM

Take the job and keep playing poker part time. If you don't like it, you can always go back to internet poker. However, if you pass up this offer now, there is no guarantee you'll get the opportunity again.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:58 PM

It depends how old you are, do you have a family, and what kind of job it is? 100k+/year is a pretty nice salary so I'm assuming you're older and/or have very specialized skills.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends how old you are, do you have a family, and what kind of job it is? 100k+/year is a pretty nice salary so I'm assuming you're older and/or have very specialized skills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bt what if I can make 100k playing cards?
Old 09-13-2005, 05:34 PM

I really have no idea what to do.

relish the fact that you are in the position to dictate what you will work for and when.

figure out how you want to live and tailor your employment status around that. 99% of people in america have to do it the other way around.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bt what if I can make 100k playing cards?

[/ QUOTE ]

This should be an easy easy decision. Take the job, make 100K+ and play cards for an extra 50K.

You can't honestly be thinking of passing up a sure thing. C'mon now.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You can't honestly be thinking of passing up a sure thing. C'mon now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course he can. Let's see, be at work at 8:00 vs. get up when you want to. Two weeks vacation vs. vacation every two months. Potential to make 1/2 a mill vs. 10,000 raise every two years. Boss vs. no boss. It may be wise to take the job, but it's far from black and white.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Amazingly my old company called me today,and seems to be ready to offer me a job...... I really have no idea what to do.

I've been playing full time for almost a year now, The lifestyle is AWESOME, the money has been very good, the hours are great, the freedom is amazing. But I dont know what I should say if they make an offer.

I am thinking 100k + bonus would get me back (or a total comp of 150+). I really dont know what to do, This could be my biggest decision I ever make, as it possibly can change the rest of my life [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

HELP!

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy decision. Take the job offer now.

Play poker on the side, or not. It's up to you.