Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: I\'m very sorry

[ QUOTE ]
Don't try to defend him saying it was out of context, or taken the wrong way. It doesn't matter. He can call them nazis all he wants. But no one, especially him, should get upset that he gets banned for it. What did he expect? They did what he wanted them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think someones should kick his ass for it?

You and I just aren't seeing eye to eye.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't try to defend him saying it was out of context, or taken the wrong way. It doesn't matter. He can call them nazis all he wants. But no one, especially him, should get upset that he gets banned for it. What did he expect? They did what he wanted them too.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think someones should kick his ass for it?

You and I just aren't seeing eye to eye.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that what he did was immature. I think it didn't HAVE to result in a banning, but I totally understand why it did, and he should have to. He turned a good point about the software of 2+2 into a personal attack on Mason. I do not understand why there is so much fuss about this. Do people really fear that they will be banned for no reason? Are they afraid that PP will never talk to them personally again? Or are they just trolls who take whatever opportunity to diss the moderators of this site?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sigh.

Talk about immaturity and not understanding full context...

I guess I should be waiting for that challenge too.

*Yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

a) There is only one acceptable context to call someone a nazi, that is if they are in fact a nazi. Any other context is tasteless. You can say whatever you want, but that doesn't mean I can't bitch about how stupid you are for doing so.
b) The only immaturity in my post was the part about challenging paul phillips to a fight. I try to be funny sometimes, but I was being half serious. The moderators here are good people. They aren't Jew-murderers, or supporters of Jew-murder. Any allegations of such are offensive to me as a person.
c)I would destroy Paul Phillips in a HU match of fisticuffs
d)Don't think because you responded to my half-joke that I'm going to wig out on you too by challenging you to a fight, you didn't call anyone I respect a nazi.
e)grow up
Old 11-11-2005, 02:39 AM

No soup for you!
Old 11-11-2005, 03:00 AM

ok, seinfeld gets an exception, I guess. because I'm allowed to give exceptions, obviously
Old 11-11-2005, 03:41 AM

All I know is that I cant wait to drunk dial mat sklansky this weekend [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's not quite the point. Mason banned Paul, not me. However, isn't it likely that the reason Paul was banned was a result of this violation of expected privacy? Could not have paul responded privately that Mason was making an unfair request. By making the pm public he was trying to degrade and humiliate the owner of this website.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold on there, Internet Cowboy. In a thread a few months ago Mason posted some private information about Daniel Negreanu. I'll try and dig it up. It shows Mason's double-standards on issues like this.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:44 AM

Here's Mason's post where he attempted to publicly humiliate Daniel Negreanu by revealing that he (Mason) had removed Daniel's endorsement from a 2+2 book. Mason also mentioned that the Wynn was sparsely populated even though Daniel was promoting it. Classy.

So first you guys run off the most successful tourney player of 2004 and now you ban Paul Phillips. Nice work.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:

I was hoping this wouldn't happen, and I expect some of our readers will react negatively to this post, but I've had enough of Negreanu. This is a loose cannon who continues to attack people on the Internet. Some of you may remember his attacks made towards me a few years back on RGP, but you never saw or heard about the nasty email he also sent me around that time.

At David's request, we had put an endorsement on Tournament Poker for Advanced Players from Negreanu, but I as the publisher of Two Plus Two, and not David, removed it after the Annie Duke attacks even though I'm not one of her fans either.

Last night I played some poker at The Wynn. They had one limit $40-$80 which broke shortly after midnight, and no $10-$20 blind no limit. It looks to me that this room is going to be a disappointment to those of us who were hoping it could provide real competition to The Bellagio. As far as I can tell, Negreanu, their so called host, cares little about the players in his cardroom. Instead, he comes here and makes juvenile challenges for no reason. David had already made clear where he stands on these matches, and I want nothing to do with him.

When he calls David "Daveyboy," I see the old pattern reappearing. Negreanu has in many ways become one of the biggest names in poker. No one can his deny his tremendous success, especially in the tournaments. You would think that because of his success he would be magnanimous to all, and a true ambassador to all of poker. Instead, we see something different. I nor David will have nothing more to say on this matter (although David will stand by his statements about the games that he would play).

I do want to make one other point. The amount of money that Negreanu is challenging us for is not an issue for either David or myself. However, gambling for this type of money on low edge propositions goes against most of what we teach and have written about. Yes, Two Plus Two has been very successful as can be seen by the size of this site. We thank everyone for their support and would like to get on to more worthwhile issues.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...page=&vc=1

Also, those of you that think Paul was a worthless poster probably don't remember one of his math posts that pointed out likely collusion between two pro poker players. You don't see too many detailed math posts like the one Paul provided (I think it is also on his blog somewhere) and that one post surely makes up for a lot of the silly posts that Paul is accused of making.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:39 AM

Default Re: One owner who sets explicit rules for use of private property.

Hi Daliman:

Two Plus Two Publishing LLC owns the site. ConJelCo acts as our administrator.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-11-2005, 09:10 AM

This whole thread would have been far more entertaining if the OP had made some responces... oh yeah oops...
Closed Thread