Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 06-09-2005, 01:37 AM

Default How would you play this hand

Live 6/12 with full kill and in effect O h/l.

I am in CO and have the kill for $12 in the pot. I have an aggressive player in MP who has been showing down mostly "weak" omaha hands (sucker end of the str8/flush, TTP and the like).

PF: Folds to MP how raises, I have AA89 ss and am last to act, BB calls and I call.

Flop: KK3, BB checks, MP bets, I call, BB calls.

Turn: 9 (rainbow), BB bets, MP calls, I call.

River: J, BB checks, MP bets, I start to reach for chips and the BB mucks before I actually do anything, I call and scoop the pot.

Honestly I have been having a hard time with this type of hand. This hand is a prime exmaple. I have an over pair and see the board paired with a paint under card. I have been folding this the vast majority of the time, only to see that I would have scooped the pot or split, but expecting to see a set/boat.

My HE skills/expeirence tells me that folding is right more times than not, at least not without a very good read with something like this. But I have been proven wrong so many times I am thinking that calling in this situation might have some value.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: How would you play this hand

Hard to give any advice here 'cause you need to say more things, like what are the stack sizes, how much was bet, etc.

If you can get money close to all-in preflop, AAXXss is usually a reraise, but call if deep-stacked. If bets were strong enough, I would have folded on the flop, turn.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:24 AM

Its 6/12 with a full kill, neither of us are going to get it AI.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:51 AM

This is limit. Since its a kill pot the preflop raise was to $24 total. Flop bet $12, Turn and river bets $24
Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 AM

You should probably post this in the O/8 forum, not the pot-limit omaha forum.

In any event, whether or not I continue on with this hand on the flop would depend purely on how much I respected the other players in the hand. It sounds like MP would often fire at this pot with nothing, so I might even raise him to find out where I am and to get rid of BB. If I did, and MP called, I would plan on checking behind on the turn and then calling MP's river bet.

I would definitely dump my hand when BB comes out firing on the turn.