Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

View Poll Results: Were they cheating?
No idea. 10 28.57%
No. They would be real idiots to do it in such an obvious way. 18 51.43%
Yes! Anyone can see that. 7 20.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Two 500K hands

Partypoker 500K

Hand 1: Early level 4 (25/50), 1900ish stack, average around 1800, UTG limper (no read) and 2 mps limp, I limp on the button w/6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], sb and bb complete.

6 see a 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flop. sb and bb check, utg limper bets pot (300), folds to me. Your move?

Hand 2: late level 4 (25/50), 2500 stack, avg 1900, A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG- I make my standard raise to 175, mp with 3500 stack makes it 500 to go, folds to me. I have a note saying he's decent, meaning his bet sizes/raises have seemed reasonable. Your play?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Two 500K hands

I fold hand 1 in a hurry. UTG limpers are tricky and this is the first few levels. Play like a rock and don't get involved in a pot you just can't know if you're beat.

Hand 2 is hard to say. He could have AK AQ JJ QQ KK AA and some odds for 10-10 and 99. The thing here is that he most probably has a lower pair to our AK, but I don't think you can get away from this gamble. You have to 1) Stop and go (push any flop) or 2) push preflop. I'd lean towards 2 as with overcards you have 5 cards to hit. For that matter, if I have 99 - JJ in this situation I use option 1) and push any flop that doesnt contains an ace.