Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 01:59 AM

Default laptops, traveling, wireless dsl, adapters

I need to figure out what laptop is best to play 9 or 10 tables with the new partypoker beta thingy. This will do wonders for the traveling multitabler. Right now i have a ibm t41 w/ ~1400x1100. ( i also have a desktop w/ 3 2001fp's) i think i'm gona go with ~2100x1400 prolly one of the behemoth dell's, take both laptops (just in case) and use internet cafes, is there any flaw in my planning? Or should i go the get internet in apartment/hostel route with a 2001fp+laptop?

Also, verizon offers hi-speed wireless dsl ($60/month w/ voisplan)... i wanted to know if there was nay wya to use that with a desktop. do they make pcmcia-->usb adapters? This wireless dsl will be used for back up purposes, just in case my regular internet goes down. ($60/month is much better than losing ALOT of money, because i play tourneys)
Old 11-30-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: laptops, traveling, wireless dsl, adapters

Alienware? With a 17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200

http://www.alienware.com/Product_Pag...l_default.aspx

Actually, I would never play 10 tables on a screen that small. At least carry an LCD with you so you can use 2 screens.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: laptops, traveling, wireless dsl, adapters

The biggest you can a Dell Inspiron 9300 is 1920x1200. If you need to play that many tables and travel that much, then you're just SOL. I have used my 9300 and a 2001fp as my second monitor and it works great.