Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-24-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: STOLEN!

When I was about 10 years old my friend and I stole some candy bars. Instead of just eating them on the street or whatever we took them back to my house and were eating them and laughing when my mother walked in. She got to the bottom of it in no time flat and made me go back to the store, apologize and pay for the candy.

I was so embarassed that I never stole anything again ever.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:11 PM

when i was a freshman in college there was this really cool record store across from the university...kindof an underground/indie store. anyway, they bought and sold cd's...so i used to ask the guy what cd's were in demand, make a list, go to WOW and steal them, sell them to the guy for say 4$ apiece, he'd sell them for 8 or 9 and everyone was happy. kids got the punk/hardcore cd's they wanted for cheaper, and i made a little money and felt like robin hood.

this lasted for maybe two months. but i (of course) got cocky and greedy. i was literally packing 8-10 cd's out of the store at once at one point.

so i get caught...and get this...they DON'T call the cops! they did take my picture and tell me to never come back in the store again...which pretty much scared the hell out of me. i've never stolen another thing since.

funny side note to the story. it's been 8 years or so since then...so I've been back in the store to buy things since then. however, EVERYTIME i walk out of the store i get an anxious feeling when i get close to the area where the guy stopped me the original time i got caught. i still feel guilty walking out...even though i haven't done anything wrong since.

sorry about the long post...but that's my stealing tale.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:04 PM

I used to steal basically everythingwhen I was in 8th and 9th grade. I probably stole around $1000 worth of stuff, in a year or two(mostly videogames I stole to sell)

But anyways, eventually I got caught at Target with a couple of games, had to pay ~$500 for $45 worth of games, and I can't be on Target property(even in a parking lot) without an adult until I am 18.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:10 PM

I went through a klepto phase where I was 10 or 11, stole packs of baseball cards ($1-$3) all the time. My parents catching me put a stop to that.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:02 PM

i stole two small boxes of ti-83 and ti-89 calculators from a college textbook store i worked at a few years ago. i was in charge of electronics inventory so it was pretty easy. the store was moving locations basically, so people were lugging bins of stuff down the street constantly to the other store location. one sunday morning while doing electronics inventory in the basement, i put the two boxes in a plastic bin, went upstairs, walked past the cashier, out the front door, and then instead of turning down the street towards the other store i put the boxes in an alley behind the store instead and brought the bin back in. then on my lunch break i carried the boxes to my car. a few months later i sold them on ebay for about ~$1000 profit, when i needed money for rent.

i did get pretty nervous and paranoid after i'd done this, especially when a couple days later my boss asked me to go and count our entire calculator stock. i thought maybe she wanted me to put down numbers in writing, and then she'd have someone else count them and see the inventory was off. but in actuality it was due to the fall semester starting soon. there is a lot of theft of calculators during book rush, so she wanted to get an accurate count before anything got stolen.

i did this on literally my last week of work at this place, and yes you could describe it as a low point in my life. i was working a horrible job and living at home with my parents, however, it was while avoiding work at this job that i read a ny times article about chris moneymaker.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:15 PM

When I was 11, my friends and I stole a van. They were 13 so they drove most of the time. We went to the mall in the city about 20 minutes away. We got that sucker up to 95! When it was my turn to drive, they put me in a quiet, residential neighborhood. I immediately plowed into a lamppost and a parked car. We ran like hell.

In the following weeks, guilt consumed me. I left my t-shirt in the car and had dreams that the police would publish a photo of it in the newspaper and I would be caught. I was so wracked with shame that I told my mom what happened. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I was 11, my friends and I stole a van. They were 13 so they drove most of the time. We went to the mall in the city about 20 minutes away. We got that sucker up to 95! When it was my turn to drive, they put me in a quiet, residential neighborhood. I immediately plowed into a lamppost and a parked car. We ran like hell.

In the following weeks, guilt consumed me. I left my t-shirt in the car and had dreams that the police would publish a photo of it in the newspaper and I would be caught. I was so wracked with shame that I told my mom what happened. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did your mother respond?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looking back on it, I know it wasn't right to do but we all make mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this attitude towards stealing piss you off? Stop acting so self-righteous

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ever open up a store, let me know. Obviously you won't mind if I help myself to a few things.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:09 PM

From a retail store: I stole a robe from Macy's.

From other places... wow. The list goes on. Anyway that's past me now.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:17 PM

i stole magic cards from everywhere they sold them. probably a total of a grand worth in 2 years. ive never stole anything big.