Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Re: X-mas gifts

[ QUOTE ]
Have you thought about maybe getting them a one year membership in a jelly of the month club. It's gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good. That's good. That's good. Hey, if any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here, tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him strait in the eye and tell him: what a cheap, lyiny, no good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, bloodsucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey [censored] he is! Hallelujah! Holy [censored]! Where's the Tylenol?
Old 12-19-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
give cash.
all other options will svck

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope you're not giving cash to anyone close to you. Thats a real dick move. I also hope you didn't think "suck" would be censored.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I would much rather receive cash than any purchased gift. I feel like most gifts received (unless specifically asked for) tend to suck or I could have bargin-shopped for a better deal on the net.

There's nothing worse than putting on that happy face on the outside when unwrapping a sucky gift. Talk about a true p*ker face.

KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have to fake gratitude when receving a gift, even if it's something you don't like, you have some serious growing up to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
tony , im confused about your view of what exchanging gifts is about. could you explain? (im not being critical, just trying to understand where youre coming from)

btw, why would you have to fake gratitude if the gift was something you liked? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My view is that if someone gives you a gift, you should be thanful that there is someone that cares about you and tool the time and expense to give you something. That's all.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:20 PM

I think Seinfeld is a great gift.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:36 PM

I bought my sister a nano.

Brad was jealous.

scrub
Old 12-19-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have you thought about maybe getting them a one year membership in a jelly of the month club. It's gift that keeps on giving the whole year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good. That's good. That's good. Hey, if any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here, tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him strait in the eye and tell him: what a cheap, lyiny, no good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, bloodsucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-assed, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey [censored] he is! Hallelujah! Holy [censored]! Where's the Tylenol?

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent...cue Randy Quaid's facial expression

Old 12-20-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
give cash.
all other options will svck

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope you're not giving cash to anyone close to you. Thats a real dick move. I also hope you didn't think "suck" would be censored.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I would much rather receive cash than any purchased gift. I feel like most gifts received (unless specifically asked for) tend to suck or I could have bargin-shopped for a better deal on the net.

There's nothing worse than putting on that happy face on the outside when unwrapping a sucky gift. Talk about a true p*ker face.

KoW

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have to fake gratitude when receving a gift, even if it's something you don't like, you have some serious growing up to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
tony , im confused about your view of what exchanging gifts is about. could you explain? (im not being critical, just trying to understand where youre coming from)

btw, why would you have to fake gratitude if the gift was something you liked? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My view is that if someone gives you a gift, you should be thanful that there is someone that cares about you and tool the time and expense to give you something. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony, this doesn't change my point above. I agree with you about being thankful, but when someone is asking you if you like the gift and is trying to please you by giving it, sometimes you have to put on the 'happy face' even if the gift sucks.

Being thankful and faking pleasure from the gift are not mutually exclusive.

KoW
Old 12-21-2005, 02:58 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

my gf got her brother a beef jerky of the month thing
Old 12-21-2005, 03:03 PM

bump. i need to start christmas shopping. Anyone have any specific "beer of the month" club reccomendations or are they all the same?

Same ? for cigar of the month?

If no one responds, I will make a lame thread to ask this specific question.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 03:07 PM

Dunno know about "of the month" clubs, but Costco has a "beers of the world" that looks interesting. Something like 20 different kinds in a case...
Old 12-21-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i use one. it's good, but watch out for mold/crap development on the inside of the head (after you unscrew the top). my gf rinses her toothbrush in such a way that it gets water into it, and i'm constantly harassing her for making the main part of the brush moldy.

[/ QUOTE ]

no no no. Get separate heads AND bodies. Don't share a sonicare body.

We got our current pair at Costco for about $100 for BOTH.