Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-15-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Sex and Studying Abroad

I'm more talking about meeting someone while I am over there and getting serious. Focusing on finding one girl who is cool instead of [censored] a bunch of random people.

Obviously, there would be some issues when our time abroad was over, but we could figure that out when the time comes.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: The Secrets of Studying Abroad

Make friends with as many locals and international students as you can. This way when you visit new places you will get the fun tour, from someone who knows. Visiting new places is much more fun with a local rather than the touristy route. Btw i found most girls who are out of their home country are easier to get in the sack, so enjoy the cultural diversity.
bud
Old 12-15-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm more talking about meeting someone while I am over there and getting serious. Focusing on finding one girl who is cool instead of [censored] a bunch of random people.

Obviously, there would be some issues when our time abroad was over, but we could figure that out when the time comes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a terrible idea. You have everything ass backwards. Going abroad is about banging random girls. there will be plenty of time for settiling down when you get back.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:08 PM

Hear All About my Semester Abroad!
Old 12-15-2005, 03:34 PM

waxie,

Your list looks good. But, please don't hesitate to correct people's misunderstandings about the USA. It's one thing to listen to valid critiques without getting a big flagpole up yr arse, but that doesn't mean you have to agree with anything vitriolic or fallacious just because you’re trying to be polite. It’s perfectly OK to say to someone, “Well, actually not all American cities are full of drugged-up gang wars and burning cars like in Escape from New York” or “Actually, they’re called the AFL_CIO and they’re just a labor organization, not a secret society of torture experts…” There are bigoted xenophobes in Europe too, and I’d certainly want a French person in this country (US) to say to me, “Dude, you don’t know what you’re talking about…France isn’t like that, it’s like this etc.” In fact, I have had a French guy say that to me, and it led to one of the most eye opening and honest conversations I’ve ever had. Then we made sweet French love. Sweet sweet love…

Love it or Leave it to Beaver,
--GA
Old 12-15-2005, 03:38 PM

Just dont go too many places. A new country every weekend works well, but I suggest not traveling to too many different places in that city. You can get burned out fast traveling too much. Also, in general it is good to meet girls, but not to travel for long periods of time with them; almost all the guys I was with over there learned that eventually. The two good things to always have are a camera to remember everything and an ipod for long trips.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:37 PM

My experience in meeting American students who study abroad in Europe has led me to believe that the majority of young Americans are babies who have no direction of their own and wish to have someone hold their hand in everything they do.

I hope you do not fit into this category!

Have fun, Scotland looks like an amazing country, it is somewhere I really want to go to.

If you are into Music at all I'd recommend checking out Vienna, great city. Also if you want to find the hottest broads, head to Sweden. Tall, blonde, blue-eyed goddesses.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The two good things to always have are a camera to remember everything and an ipod for long trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the camera, but disagree about the ipod. The ipod shuts you out from people. If you do bring a portable music player I would only use it when you are in your own room, or traveling on a train or plane where there is no one interesting to talk to.

I wouldn't recommend wearing the ipod around the hostel, that is a great way to meet no one.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hear Iceland is pretty cool. Plus it's a social democracy so if I catch something it'll be easy to get some healthcare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iceland is very cool if you are into nature, but it is the most expensive place I have ever been. Just to give you an idea, the sub on special at Subway cost about $14, that was just the sub. Also the best way to get around and see stuff there is to rent a car, also not cheap. It cost me and two guys $150 to rent the smallest car they had for a day.

Also, the girls are much hotter in Sweden, and more plentiful.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:10 PM

don't get into a relationship abroad unless you somehow meet the girls of your dreams. meet int'l girls, american girls abroad, and feel free to hook up, have fun, etc. best case scenario is meeting cool int'l chicks and having an 'in' whenever you go out with them and so you get to chill with cool chicks, and sample their culture a bit. e.g. friend & i post-college trip, traveling to mykonos, meet hottie on ferry, get invited to ikaria for weekend, etc. and as far as american girls, feel free to hook up, and get their emails/keep on good terms so when you come back to states you have extra break destinations, so you can visit them and crash at their school (e.g. girls from usc, miami, etc are a bonus) and meet all their hot friends.

do not get into a relationship abroad.