Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-11-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Musings on an archived quote

[ QUOTE ]
1) I'm not sure what you're getting at here. His immediate odds are (1+1/x) to 1, where x is a fraction of the pot. So he's getting immediately 3 to 1 on a 1/2 pot bet or 5 to 1 on a 1/4 pot bet. To calculate implied odds depends on a multitude of factors. So I'm not sure what you mean here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you always bet *something* on the flop HU (let's say either 1/2 or 2/3 the pot), his implied odds are going to be, either 2 or 2.5 x his immediate odds depending on your bet size.

[ QUOTE ]
i have not read hoh2 (i know, shame on me), so i dunno if i get this. are you saying that players will make a ~1/3 pot bet with weak hands and 1/2+ pot bet with strong ones? what is the hoh2 difference between probe and cbet?

[/ QUOTE ]

More like 1/3-1/2 and 1/2-2/3 respectively (I know it varies but people that think one level deep just read HoH2 and do what it says), but otherwise, you're correct.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:35 PM

I think I am in the same boat as kevkev. so I will attempt to answer these questions to improve my game.

[ QUOTE ]
1)If you are him, attempt to balance a bet size sufficient to get overcards out of the hand with one that he can still fold when you have aces and checkraise, coupled with the times that you have either of those two and just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I think what you are saying is, that there is no optimal\profitable amount that the LAG can bet that can not be exploited by giving him the betting impetus? i.e. If he over bets you can get away cheaply, he would have to fold to a C\R and if you call he still would not know where he is at because did not not give him information by sending out a probe bet or a continuation bet.

[ QUOTE ]
2)When you give up on #1 being at all profitable in the overall flow of the hand, describe the implied odds of that LAG's PF floater call with J9o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the crux of this that by not betting in these situations you are taking away his implied odds?
Old 10-11-2005, 03:08 PM

I wish someone else would comment on this, I think I am close to learning something.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have not read hoh2 (i know, shame on me), so i dunno if i get this. are you saying that players will make a ~1/3 pot bet with weak hands and 1/2+ pot bet with strong ones? what is the hoh2 difference between probe and cbet?

[/ QUOTE ]

More like 1/3-1/2 and 1/2-2/3 respectively (I know it varies but people that think one level deep just read HoH2 and do what it says), but otherwise, you're correct.

[/ QUOTE ]Doesn't the difference also have to do with whether you took the lead pre-flop?