Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 09-13-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Most wonderfully played hand ever. 109

The trick to winning at these sit and gos is usually to just play like a normal person early on. For instance check raising this flop when there is already 350 chips in it, and a decent chance you'll get called by a worse hand.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:24 PM

This line suits me fine. Turn is debatable.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:26 PM

You can do a number of things with a big pair UTG. You can raise it, you can try for a limp/reraise, or you can just limp/call (note: don't do this against anyone whom you don't know well) in order to break him postflop.

So OK, you limped. I do that UTG once in a while, and it's not really a big deal. Problem: You missed your (re)raise and the flop is kinda mediocre, with two draws. On the bright side, TT-99, 77 and any number of suited connectors are coming along here, so your bet will...wait, no, you checked. Well, OK, there's two behind you and they're solid, so while I don't like this much odds are that one of them will bet so you can CR...wait, no, you just overcalled.
Are you trying to lose your chips on purpose?

So the turn bails you out and gives you the nuts, while putting another draw up. And you...go for a checkraise and whiff. The river is equally horrible, since rather than blocking bet you hand off another good chunk of your stack to Mr. "I probably have a flush, but wait, you have top set and I could also maybe play an 8 that way, so maybe you sort of have the pot odds, kinda?"

FPS is all over this hand on every street. I don't mind it on one street or even two, but on all four combined, this is really fishy.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:35 PM

I like this advice the best. Thx, curtains.