Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 07-05-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: the real simon trumper

slow rolling the nuts is the same as exposing your hand during action. it's not against the rules

better look up those rules again. Those two aren't the same.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:10 AM

Agree.. I never heard of the guy until this past week, and the first impression of him wasn't good.

Good post, and I don't think ST was out of line doing what he did to, "Get The Chips In!"
Old 07-05-2005, 10:28 AM

What Simon Trumper did here - even if remotely true - is a really, really, really low-class act and bad for poker in general.

It amazes me that so many people in this thread fail to see that. Actually, it's kind of depressing.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:38 AM

On Poker Superstars 2... Is Johnny Chan low-class for asking Chris Moneymaker for a chip-count when CM moved all in on Chan's A-A??

He spent about 30-45 seconds counting out CM's chips, and then his own chips, before deciding to call.

He clearly was trying to get Ted Forrest in the pot too. If Chan knew 100% that another 45 seconds would have gotten Forrest's pocket 8-8 in the pot, would he have done it?

Absolutely! Would he have been Low-Class for it? Nope! That's great poker IMO.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Burning clock to fake a tough decision is lame, lame, lame. It's already the case that 95% of the rulebook exists only because lamers make it necessary. I'm sure before long that'll describe 99.9% of the rulebook

[/ QUOTE ]

"Law is made for the bad man" (or something to that effect) -- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but if itīs 2 minutes what it takes to make Barry to call, Iīd do it every time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really want to play against you then, I estimate we'd get in around 5 hands an hour, and the rest of the time would be spent with me waiting for you to stop [censored] around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you know exactly what I meant. It seems Barry got outplayed, and likely the only action for Simon to get the other chips was to make this act.

Now I donīt know about you, but I donīt have the nuts that often to only make it for 5 hands in an hour. You must be way more lucky than me.

If somebody takes 2 minutes for an act in 3 days of playing, I accept it if itīs within the rules and serves an purpose. If somebody takes 2 minutes for every action, he will be called for the clock immediatly when itīs his turn (things like that happend already in bubble situations).

[ QUOTE ]
Think about it

[/ QUOTE ]

I donīt think I have to think about it, since it was obvious what I meant.

Martin Aigner
Old 07-05-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

but if itīs 2 minutes what it takes to make Barry to call, Iīd do it every time.

I really want to play against you then, I estimate we'd get in around 5 hands an hour, and the rest of the time would be spent with me waiting for you to stop [censored] around.

I think you know exactly what I meant. It seems Barry got outplayed, and likely the only action for Simon to get the other chips was to make this act.

Now I donīt know about you, but I donīt have the nuts that often to only make it for 5 hands in an hour. You must be way more lucky than me.

If somebody takes 2 minutes for an act in 3 days of playing, I accept it if itīs within the rules and serves an purpose. If somebody takes 2 minutes for every action, he will be called for the clock immediatly when itīs his turn (things like that happend already in bubble situations).

Quote:

Think about it

I donīt think I have to think about it, since it was obvious what I meant.

Martin Aigner

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, we'll agree to differ I think it was bang out of order and served no purpose at all, Barry had to put 8k more into a 90k pot with the second nuts, do you really think he needed to ham up like an idiot to get that, I don't.

The river bet by Barry was awful in my opinion, he got himself in a spot he wasn't getting out of, he wasn't outplayed either, the other guy made a donk turn call with 7 outs against one of the best players in the world, hardly the stuff of legend.

Mack
Old 07-05-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the other guy made a donk turn call with 7 outs against one of the best players in the world, hardly the stuff of legend.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

ST didn't know he only had 7 outs on the turn. He might have the full 9 for the flush. Also what were his other 2 cards? Maybe he had a straight draw as well or even a boat draw.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for extra bad assery, Trumper knows he probably killed 4-5 starving children by knocking Greenstein out.

I don't see how his move is any different from check raising, he did something completely within the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably in the same crowd that thinks delaying to the max at the end of the tournament is the same as check-rasing too.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ST didn't know he only had 7 outs on the turn. He might have the full 9 for the flush. Also what were his other 2 cards? Maybe he had a straight draw as well or even a boat draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi

I don't think anyone has mentioned the other 2 cards, we only know about the A8s so yes he could have had additional outs such as two pair or even a set of aces.

Mack