Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 07:50 PM

Default River decision

10/20 party 6 handed.

SB is 54/20/.8 over 500 hands , c/o is 38/7 over 100 hands.

c/o limps, sb completes i check the BB with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

flop
T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

sb bets, i call, c/o riases, sb calls i call

Turn
K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check, check.

River, Qd

Sb bets out, hero?
Old 12-23-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: River decision

Raise and call a 3-bet. No sense in looking for overcalls here as CO has given no indication that he's putting any more bets in.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:37 PM

i dont get it.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:06 PM

I like a call here, and I'm having a difficult time going through the whole thing, so will write a more thorough post another day, but basically while you are good more than 50% of the time, I do not think you are good often enough to risk getting 3 bet by a better hand and re-opening the action for the first player vs what you gain by raising and getting called when you have the best hand.

c/o im assuming is slightly passive, judging from his PFR of 7, and his flop raise and turn check can easily be a flush draw. SB is avg aggressino given his vpip..
Old 12-24-2005, 12:19 AM

Raise.
No reason to put SB on a better hand he could be betting all sorts of crap.
CO has soome loose passive preflop numbers so I'd say there's plenty of pair hands that were just scared of the king. Could be J9 too.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:45 AM

raise every single time.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

c/o im assuming is slightly passive, judging from his PFR of 7, and his flop raise and turn check can easily be a flush draw. SB is avg aggressino given his vpip..

[/ QUOTE ]

During the hand i was thinking along these lines that either one of them could be a flush draw, and i didn't want to end up putting thrtee bets in.
On the other hand the Q also completes some hands that teh c/o might call 2 cold with - J9o for a straight, or QT for 2 pair, and i would really like to get his two bets in there. I think if the final card had been a 2d a call could be better as there are fewer hands that can call 2- but a weak T that checked the turn through can call one.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:46 PM

Raise and call whatever comes back. SB had the free card trick pulled on him. His bet now doesn't mean very much except he's OK with the KQ. Passive CO is apt to have checked a pair because of the king or simply as a premeditated act. If CO does have a draw it is much more likely to be an OESD, gutshot, or losing flush than a winning flush.