Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Dammit. Gotta hate this

What's happening here?!?

MP3 is: 40/12/0,95
MP2 is: 22//0,95

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

I don't think this is a scary flop with 2 tens considering the preflop action. What hand with a ten can they have?

Turn: (11.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

A King. Dammit. I'm behind KK now which can be a possible hand. MP2 limp/raise the turn and I go "what?!?"

River: (20.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

I did not like this at all. Not at all... This is probably where I should throw it away but it's one bet to a huge pot... and since I call, I get mad since MP2 check/raise... I hate MP2 btw. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Final Pot: 26.00 BB.

BLEH
Old 12-17-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Dammit. Gotta hate this

i fold the turn when MP3 raises after coldcalling preflop and two on the flop. he has a ten. i love folding overpairs.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:56 PM

You can throw this away on the turn or the river, your choice.

MP3 is almost always going to show a ten giving his patented micro limit wait until the turn to bet my set play

But MP2 is probably going to take it down with his AK
Old 12-17-2005, 11:58 PM

just me..but I call cap the turn..then fold the river and I'm pissed the whole time i'm playing this hand

What really sucks is that I'm pretty sure I don't win this hand and I still call
Old 12-18-2005, 03:02 AM

I think MP2 has a ten, maybe even King-Ten. This is a sucky spot to be in, but I do not think I could lay down AA here because it's always just "one more bet" to call each time.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think MP2 has a ten, maybe even King-Ten. This is a sucky spot to be in, but I do not think I could lay down AA here because it's always just "one more bet" to call each time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I thought but directly after the hand when I reviewed I thought, what was I doing? Even if it's just one more bet, it's like throwing it down the lake since I can't see myself ever winning this hand. I should have folded the turn. Bleh.

Anyway, I did win this hand. They showed JJ and QJ.... WTF?
Old 12-18-2005, 05:39 AM

these guys seem to call a lot more often than bet so i bet/fold the turn.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:10 PM

grunch...

i think in game i play it the same; its just not a situation that occurs often so im not laying down an overpair with all the weird betting.

capping the turn seems like absolute spew....
Old 12-18-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I thought but directly after the hand when I reviewed I thought, what was I doing? Even if it's just one more bet, it's like throwing it down the lake since I can't see myself ever winning this hand. I should have folded the turn. Bleh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then again, it was only "one more bet" and you did end up winning the hand.

Poker sucks, lol.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Buuuuuuuddy liiiiiiiiiiiiist." - The Ghost of Christmas Poker