Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-09-2005, 12:09 AM

Default A-10os preflop?

I've been having problems playing ace 10 preflop. Assuming a loose passive table with ~5 to the flop, what should I do EP, MP, or LP?

Right now I raise when first in or if only 1-2 ahead of me in, otherwise I'll call if 3+ in. EP I usually call, which I don't think is right, but am unsure of. Should I play if like Ajack? I fold it to any preflop aggression, barring no reads.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:12 AM

Default Re: A-10os preflop?

I think that sounds pretty good, I'm not sure about raising with it in mp unless you have reads on the people behind you.

The hard part is playing it after the flop, if you hit your ace and get pushed back on your kicker may not be good but it's almost too good to fold. If you don't hit your ace your calling with overcards which isn't something I'm really comfortable with unless the board is really uncoordinated.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:23 AM

I fold this hand in ep. If im 1st in middle or late position im gonna raise it. This is not a calling hand.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:26 AM

For full ring: Just dump this hand in EP. To be honest with you, I would only play this hand from the blinds, MP3, CO, and the button. But you are probably safe with a raise first in from MP2.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:35 AM

I don't mind limping it UTG if I'm at a good table (and hopefully I am) but, your line is absolutely fine.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:40 AM

Check this out.

im not even going to advise because ive been having the exact same problem lately. recently ive been just folding it in EP. obviously blindstealing and not CC with it, and limping in LP with a few callers.

MP is starting to seem even trickier than EP, but i think its mostly a raise
Old 12-09-2005, 01:49 AM

I'm just curious, in exactly which positions are you showing positive equity.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been having problems playing ace 10 preflop. Assuming a loose passive table with ~5 to the flop, what should I do EP, MP, or LP?

Right now I raise when first in or if only 1-2 ahead of me in, otherwise I'll call if 3+ in. EP I usually call, which I don't think is right, but am unsure of. Should I play if like Ajack? I fold it to any preflop aggression, barring no reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy SSH.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:56 AM

I'm folding EP-MP3, raising first in MP2-Button, limping the rest never cold calls. Also fold against raise both blinds except on a steal attempt.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:46 AM

A10o is weak hand unless you are in good position, or trying to isolate a weak player that limped in front of you. For the most part in these loose games this had loses value. In EP and MP fold. In LP if no people or at most a weak player has come in you can raise, but it is still a VERY marginal hand. Now if the hand is suited you can rock and roll a little bit more with it. The flush possiblities add to the value of AT immensely.