Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 02:22 AM

Default Bellagio 30/60 62s hand

spent all that time in vegas and didn't really play that many interesting hands.

this is one of my first ones on thursday.

30/60 at the bellagio. i am playing tight and people precieve me as... well i'm not sure because i haven't done anything interesting at all.

there is a poster in the co as she is coming back from a break. an asian local raises utg+2. CO calls. loose button calls. sb calls. I call in the bb with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 5 to the flop for 10.5 small bets (.5 for the dead money from the post)

flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

sb checks. i check. utg+2 bets. co calls. button folds. sb folds. i call. 3 ways to the turn for 6.75 big bets.

turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check. utg+2 bets. CO folds. I call. HU on the river for 8.75 big bets.

river: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet. He raises. I 3-bet. He 4-bets. I fold.

Meh?
Old 11-09-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 30/60 62s hand

Just don't 3 bet there.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:29 AM

I'd have folded on the flop because with K-J out there it's too likely I'm already up against two pair. Id'be more inclined to call if the flop was something like K-8-2.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:32 AM

i always fold that flop now, but the river is a work of art. nicely played.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:08 AM

check/call is the only line on the river.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:22 AM

Why not bet/call? PFR could easily have AK. I don't like a 3-bet because once you are beat you are getting 4-bet 99% of the time, and maybe not even called some of the other times. It's good that you are confident enough to fold to a 4-bet though.

With that said, I'd say that I never even make it to the river. I maybe fold preflop depending on the lineup, and more probably fold on the flop. I don't condemn the OP for calling preflop however, because some people play cards like this better than I can.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:24 AM

"maybe fold preflop depending on the lineup, and more probably fold on the flop. I don't condemn the OP for calling preflop however, because some people play cards like this better than I can."

Nobody plays 6-2 well. Those cards play you, you don't play them.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have folded on the flop because with K-J out there it's too likely I'm already up against two pair. Id'be more inclined to call if the flop was something like K-8-2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the threat of KJ is too serious, because in that case you would still have 2 deuce outs and the backdoor flush draw, making the flop call slightly bad but not horrible (and certainly KJ is not out all the time; in fact, it's usually not in anyone's hand).

More serious is the possibility of being up against KK or JJ, in which case you are drawing almost dead. Is that enough to negate the implied odds you have against AK/AA (possibly even KQ or QQ depending how villain plays)?

I think the flop peel is close (but probably slightly +EV). In a live game, I like to play any time it's close, because all things being equal, I'd like to have an image of gamboooler. If I end up showing down 62s and it gets me a cold-call the next time I raise preflop from someone who would have folded had he not seen my 62s at showdown, then I come out a big winner.

Of course, if the play is clearly -EV, then I fold. But we have 6 outs here often enough to peel, making up for those times when we only have 3 outs or are drawing to the runner-runner flush that doesn't pair the board.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:07 AM

i hate your river 3bet. i'd rather check-raise and call a 3bet. or check-raise and fold to a 3bet if you are confient of your read.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:40 AM

i hate checkraising this river.