Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-29-2005, 10:44 AM

Default The one where I have Ace high and 2 opponents on the turn

UTG is 50/15/1, Button is 37/15/1.1

I'm lost on every street anymore. I bet the flop, but I know now one's folding. Any draw, overcards, or pair is calling. Seems like the bet is mandatory, but I get no info out of it.

So, I'm at the turn with 2 opponents with Ace high, which seems to be the case much of the time with big aces. Do I lead the turn with ace high into 2 opponents?

They're passive opponents, so I can fold to a raise, but one just calls. Now what on the river? If I lead, what's going to call I still beat? If I check, am I calling a bet?

Ultimate Bet 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button folds.

River: (8.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 12-29-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: The one where I have Ace high and 2 opponents on the turn

I'd check and let UTG bet his busted draw, though a bet could be prudent, especially if he has a high WTSD.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:35 AM

I like check/calling here, induce a bluff from a whiffed draw to overs, straight or clubs. No one is folding a pair, and a bet may get a draw to fold.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:47 AM

Ok, 2 votes for check/call on the river. Which is good, that's the way I was thinking when reviewing the hand (sadly, not what I actually did).

What about the turn though? Is that an normal lead into 2 opponents on that board or are there other lines worth considering?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, 2 votes for check/call on the river. Which is good, that's the way I was thinking when reviewing the hand (sadly, not what I actually did).

What about the turn though? Is that an normal lead into 2 opponents on that board or are there other lines worth considering?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well both are loose but not too aggressive postflop, and you could very well have the best hand with AK and don't want to give the draws a free look. I think betting is the right move, and you can fold to a raise. I think they would have raised the river with top or middle pair, so a turn raise would be enough to convince me my 6 outs are probably not good vs these two players.