Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 05:45 AM

Default Re: AQ....brain is mush.

Looks like a nice spot for a check raise? Hoping to get it heads up with button and his overs.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:48 AM

I would. There is just about nothing that I'm going check/call-bet with here (unless I improve of course). Stuff like [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draws and K9/J9 and sets are going to town on the flop, so why not do it with a one pair hand.

Also notice that a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is a freezer of sorts so we can jam now with good equity, play dumb on a turn [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and play poker on any other turn. W/O the [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] we can play dead now and then come to life when our equity improves. This is my MO for hands like this.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:34 PM

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> This was a "deer in headlights" call. </font>

Turn: (8.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="green">Hero ??</font>
Old 12-19-2005, 09:52 PM

Bet the turn.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 is loose preflop with his calls. Raising standards are fine. He actually plays quite OK postflop. Actually other than he likes to gamble preflop, he's not horrible. He does have a tendancy some times to play his cards without any consideration for what's going on around him.

MP3 is terrible. Big fish.

Button is a strong TAG. 20/9/1.8

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6.75 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="green"> Hero ? </font>

I'd had a few beers and I went totally blank on this hand.
What's the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check with the intention of raising button's bet.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:55 PM

Given Button's numbers, his 3-betting range in this spot looks alot like TT+, and AK.

You beat 12 combos of AK and 6 combo of JJ.
You lose to 16 combos of AA,KK,QQ,TT.

So you are a little bit ahead of button here. Is he going to bet AK in this spot? If so I would go for a check raise to protect my hand.

If he can take the free card in this spot, then I like betting out, if we get 1 caller, he won't get too tricky and if he raises we will know that we need to improve in order to beat his hand. Also betting out makes sure that money does go into the pot on the flop when we are ahead.

We might even get UTG+1 to raise with something like KQ.

Against this villain, I feel betting out might be better than check raising since his numbers suggest that he is more likely to check behind with AK in this spot. Is this a reasonable assumption?