Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Trying to figure out party satellites (rant)

Yup - It's another "Party-gripe" post.

Go figure.

I've been playing some of the satellites and qualifiers in hopes of winning a seat to a big event like the PPM V cruise or the Aussie Millions.

The difference between the qualifiers for the 'semi-finals' and the 'super-satellites' is kind of a pain to figure out if you aren't already familiar with it.
I know what's happening there. But in almost every one that I play in there's someone always asking what on earth they are playing for.

I can't help but think that more people would play in them if it was more apparent what the prize was.

I also think a lot of players get confused between the two titles 'Party Poker Millions' and 'Million-dollars guaranteed'.

I don't blame them. Party does not make things clear at all.

In cardplayer magazine I recently saw an ad that said that the PartyPoker cruise is scheduled to make stops in Cozumel and Cayman Isls.
I had to read an ad in cardplayers magazine to find out more details on the freaking Party Poker cruise. Kind of annoying.
I'm assuming it departs out of Miami...but it could leave out of Tampa or Houston or somewhere else for all I know.

It's not THAT vitally important to me. But you would think that party wouldn't be going so far out of their way to keep it a secret.
On their site, it just says 'cruise to mexico' or something like that.
Last year this departed out of San Diego with stops on the Pacific (Mexican Riviera) side and I had to casually see in a magazine that this will evidently be different this year.

Recently they added some qualifiers for a tournament in London in a few weeks.
Didn't take me too long to find the part on the web-site where I could see what dates this tourney in London actually takes place.
This was a refreshing change because I was NEVER able to find the dates for the Aussie Millions on their website.
I had to go to poker-pages to find out when the main-event is.

curiously enough....my availability on those dates actually DOES make a difference as to whether or not I want to try to win a seat.

Finally, they just added some satellites and qualifiers for a package to the CPC which I believe is listed as a Canadian tourney.
I have no idea where in Canada this takes place or when.
It is not listed anywhere on party's site that I could find.

So I'm off to poker-pages again just to try to figure out what these CPC Party packages entail.
Wouldn't it make sense that more people would play these things if they knew more specifics about the prize-package?
Wouldn't it make sense to do it as Stars does it? (where on every satellite there is some brief info PLUS a link to the page on their website giving the exact dates and location of the big event you are trying to win a seat to)