Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 01:14 AM

Default Standard?

I am getting C/R'd so often i get lost.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
Old 11-12-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Standard?

Reads would immensely help in discussing a hand.

If you are folding on such a safe (edit: I have'nt noticed it completing a straight the first time around- if the player is the type who plays draws aggressively you can fold this - reads come into play here) turn card, why call his c/r on the flop?
Old 11-12-2005, 02:27 AM

What is he likely to c/r?

a) an OESD, or flush draw
b) any piece of the flop since it's a steal/defense scenario
c) a King

No reads, I call down a non-club, and probably even call a club while cussing. Reads help immensely.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:37 AM

Without any reads I think 3 betting the flop is the best line, folding to a cap on the flop. This makes the turn easier in that you can bet (and fold to a c/r) and then see what the river brings, with the ability to check behind if you deem it necessary.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without any reads I think 3 betting the flop is the best line, folding to a cap on the flop. This makes the turn easier in that you can bet (and fold to a c/r) and then see what the river brings, with the ability to check behind if you deem it necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't check/call do the trick since it's a wb/wa situation. sure the times he has club draw we would charge him with the 3-bet. but I prefer just getting to SD.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:30 AM

THis is the trouble i am having, choosing the right times to get to showdown. This hand looks like one now that I look at it again.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:33 AM

Wouldn't check/call do the trick since it's a wb/wa situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't wa/wb. Hero could be wb, but if he is ahead, he has few outs. Thus not wa.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't check/call do the trick since it's a wb/wa situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't wa/wb. Hero could be wb, but if he is ahead, he has few outs. Thus not wa.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure enough we'll almost never be way ahead on this flop. so you're right this isn't WA/WB situation.

Nevertheless without reads I like him to bet his seven or club draw all the way. He'll never fold a king or a club draw to a 3-bet on the flop. however should we 3-bet we open ourselfs to be outplayed if he makes any wierd stuff on turn.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:56 AM

Folding makes me cry. If you are just gonna call this flop after getting c/r, you sure as hell better get to showdown after that turn.

A 4, 7, club draw, smaller PP or trash are all behind you still. The only thing that got there was an OESD.

I'm also a proponent of sometimes 3-betting this flop.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:10 AM

I 3-bet this flop with position with the intention of bet-folding the turn/river.

OOP, I call down unless a club arrives.