Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2003, 12:37 PM

Default Turning the Screw

Interesting Situation on UB $.50/$1 tables

Two nights ago our hero (me, its good to be the author [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]) was playing online. In a brief moment of distraction I misplaced call from EP with 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. Our villain was in the big blind and got a free play with K [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. The flop came 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]. After a blank turn I rivered the 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]. After the showdown our villain commented that he didn't think I played that crap so I told him sorry I misclicked preflop and meant to fold. He made some understandably skeptical comment.

Fast-forward to last night. We are again at the same table again and I'm running good while playing tight aggressive. I'm in the CO and he's in MP. Folded to our villain who limps, then folded to me. I raise with K [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]. Fold to the BB who calls as does our villain. The flop comes A [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]. Love flopping the broadway strait and decide to ignore the flush draw and slowplay. BB bets and we both call. The turn, an intriguing J [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]. Nothing that you can't make with that board. BB bets, the villain raises, and I reraise (not a play I'd usually make here but I want to toy with this guy). The BB folds and our villain shows 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] as he folds. He comments "Aces Full?"

What is the best response?

Sam