Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 04:43 AM

Default AP club just got busted

Another NYC club hit and unfortunately I was there to participate.

At about 2:30 am this morning, the cops strolled in and did their usual routine. Employees were handcuffed, players were required to give their info, but no players were arrested for playing.

No cash outs were paid, the players were released after about 2 hours.

The uniformed officers (not plain clothes) said that they received "a complaint" about the establishment and that's why they showed up.

Does anyone have follow up on what the outcome of the owners/employees has been for the other raids?

Be careful, guys...especially if you have other legal problems like warrants or probation.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: AP club just got busted

when I first went to NYC I was paranoid about carrying 1K of my BR in my pocket around Manhattan and New Jersey around 4am - so the 2nd night I just took 400 and ended up winning enough so that I was worried the 2nd night too - but of course no problems.

The point is that I know that crime there isn't as bad as Law and Order portray it (I expected to find 10 dead bodies every day, just like the 10 episodes on TV every day) - but it wasn't to be - the downside is that apparently the NYC Police have time to spare to go after everyone.

Clubs may have to become even more selective on membership - I probably wouldn't be able to just get right in again if I went back -

RB
Old 10-20-2005, 06:30 AM

Man that [censored] sucks. [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored].

I live in Montreal during the school year, but NYC when I'm home and I played at AP all the time during the summer. [censored] hell.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:16 AM

Who plays at rosedale?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:52 AM

I know the police can confiscate whatever chips/money you have on the table, but what about the money in your pocket?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:30 AM

DAMMMIT Another one bites the dust. This is crap ..... They need to relax....
Old 10-20-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the police can confiscate whatever chips/money you have on the table, but what about the money in your pocket?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't touch the money in your pocket. Smart club owners will give a large chunk of the bank to a player they trust to take out during a raid.

And to the OP the dealers were all released the following day on $500 bail and given a court date for mid Nov.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:54 AM

i heard that this other club, not AP, "BW" got busted over the weekend as well. any truth to this? jeez, thank god i was in vegas over the weekend, chances are very high i wouldve been there the nite of the bust at either one of these clubs.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i heard that this other club, not AP, "BW" got busted over the weekend as well. any truth to this? jeez, thank god i was in vegas over the weekend, chances are very high i wouldve been there the nite of the bust at either one of these clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true at all. Beef Wellington is still up and running.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky