Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: I\'m killing this place

[ QUOTE ]
You need to advertise a little

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he just did.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:48 PM

I AM SO GOOD THAT EVERYONE SCREAMS FISH WHEN I SIT AT THE TABLE. WHAT DO THEY MEAN?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:08 PM

Sounds like youre running good. Congratulations. All good runs come to an end sooner or later when the deck starts handing out the inevitable run of beats. Generally it's sooner when you start getting cocky and underestimating your opponents.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:13 PM

I hear that. Right now I am only down 3000BB. If I hit a down swing I will have to get a second job.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But until I started showing up they never had a 2+2er with 300000+ online 6-max hands under his belt using pokertracker and ACE HUD plus 50 read poker books in his library..

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume that you made them all aware of this fact, right?

[ QUOTE ]
After 300 hours at this place its pretty obvious to everybody there that I'm -real- good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad players usually think that a) skill doesn't mean much in poker and it's all luck anyway, or b) a "really good" player is someone who can tell exactly what you are holding by looking how your irises contract and your neck vein pulses. Most of them won't understand what it is that you are doing right, unless you tell them.

[ QUOTE ]
but my super tight aggressive style and pushing small edges hard has definitely been noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad players don't even understand what a small edge is. Somewhat better players understand the concept, but they'll never be able to spot one. Only other good players are going to be able to tell when you push a thin edge - everyone else will just think that you got lucky.

[ QUOTE ]
but in the game am getting lots of "here comes lucky" and the table conversations at times have been how much I've won recently.. which I don't like hearing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now this I buy. They probably do think you're lucky, and they think that your luck will turn around eventually. Encourage this belief, acknowledge (to them) that you are a lucky skunk and buy the table a round of drinks every once in a while and noone will mind having you there.

I'm sure you are a good player, and that you are crushing these games, but if 1/10 of the ego that you are showing here seeps out when you are playing, then you are making a big mistake.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:40 PM

Were you ever all county? How many solo tackles did you have?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you ever all county? How many solo tackles did you have?

[/ QUOTE ]
vnh
Old 11-15-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you are a good player, and that you are crushing these games, but if 1/10 of the ego that you are showing here seeps out when you are playing, then you are making a big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much how I feel too. Your post seemed unnecessarily long, and you made it a point to tell us in detail how good a player you are. So it seems you have a pretty healthy ego, and I wonder if this is apparent to your opponents.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:21 PM

They think you are lucky, so you need to let them know you agree.

When you show down JT tell them how it's better than AK because you heard on TV it makes more straghts.

Say stupid [censored] like you always 77 to the river because your favorite slot machine in Vegas is the flaming 777 one.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They think you are lucky, so you need to let them know you agree.

When you show down JT tell them how it's better than AK because you heard on TV it makes more straghts.

Say stupid [censored] like you always 77 to the river because your favorite slot machine in Vegas is the flaming 777 one.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you even read the OP? he claims to have logged 300+ hours playing 2-3 times a week for 5 months against the same guys, who by the way, have been playing for 20 years???

and you want him to try your grade school - penny ante mind games? save this crap for your Jr high reunion poker games.
he may be a better player than those he described but your suggested tactic is fooling no one at this game. you may just insult the "burly" guy enough to put an end to your visits