Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 12:29 PM

Default KK preflop and my PP paranoia issues

pp $50
ring game

stacks about even between me and villain @ 125
KK on button...2 limpers I raise it 5 bucks LAG newcomer reraises 20 in the BB...I dont know why but I muck(just had a real suspicion he had AA).

Ive gotten broken 2x already on PP with KK versus AA preflop in only like 800 hands or something. I see it happen alot and I think Im getting that "online poker is rigged" paranoia.

Clearly this is a horrible muck. Im thinking a call here is in order and I should play it decisively on any aceless board.

Any thoughts, words of encouragement??

Anybody else notice a glut of AA versus KK on PP am I seeing ghosts here?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

BTW HE SHOWED ME AQ [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: KK preflop and my PP paranoia issues

I thought this was happening to me the other day. However, I pushed, the guy quickly called, and he had AK. Of course he won.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KK on button...2 limpers I raise it 5 bucks LAG newcomer reraises 20 in the BB...I dont know why but I muck

[/ QUOTE ]

I just threw up.

Seriously though. Don't do this. Especially to players that are "LAG newcomer(s)." At a minimum you should call his raise and see the flop. Some people will say you should push. Some people will say that you can lay down KK to a big PFR if you have a really good read on the opponent. If you want to make money in these low limit NL games, laying down KK preflop to an unknown player is not the right path.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:44 PM

Ya I about vomited when he showed.....

Its completely irrelevant but I killed the game and perhaps just didnt feel like I needed to gamble there. I understand this is the WRONG way to go about gambling but...If I put his range as being 35% against me and in my heart think the game is soft enough that I can double without risking my stack 35% of the time...well its still stupid [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]---------------
Old 02-07-2005, 12:59 PM

You know I do not necessarily disagree with you on this concept. When I get a soft table, ie one that I don't have to "gamble" on, I tend to stay away from the big skirmishes for a large chunk of my stack if I don't have a good read.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:06 PM

The flip side is its all on big session as Sklansky would say...and if im not gonna gamble with KK then that really only leaves me with one hand I will gamble with preflop and thats a decent handicapp in a loosish game.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:07 PM

I appreciated your post. Last night I went from chip leader to busting out in two hands in a row. My Pocket Kings beat by pocket Aces. The next hand, I had pocket Qs busted by pocket Ks.

Then, in the ring games, I had 2 more instances of my Kings busted by aces.

And don't get me started with pocket Jacks. They're unwinnable. lol

The only good thing was... I couldn't make Ks or Qs good, but karma made sure that I flopped so many sets with my low pairs, it more then made up for it.

It all evens out.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was happening to me the other day. However, I pushed, the guy quickly called, and he had AK. Of course he won.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take AA against AK preflop anytime. AA is 90%+ favorite.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:10 PM

Hell I got so tired of KK while clearing the latest empire bonus one time I just completed in the SB against a field of limpers (and check folded against an A high flop). I had KK 6 times in my 1050 hands and I was up against AA 3 times (won 1 - against a guy with a $15 stack, lost twice)- and oddly enough 2 out of the 3 times I had the KK in position or in the SB (so I was in position preflop), and the pot was unraised- somebody in EP had limped with AA on not particularly aggressive tables both times. And in fact one time the guy turned over AA at the showdown and I had no clue- he just called every bet I made, including preflop without re-raising..
Old 02-07-2005, 01:36 PM

at 125 stacks, I think fold isn't too bad but I would have just called.

villains actions on the flop will tell you whats up. and if the flop comes an ace, you save some money.