Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Would u be checking this flop agaisnt this player

The playber in the BB has 72.34/8.51/0/ (50 WTSD/41 WSDW$)and is the one I thought would pay me off. He has been paying many hands and doesn´t seem to has a read on anyone, because he doesn´t vary much his play. He likes to raise the flop and normally calls down to showdown.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 3.70 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins 3.70 BB. </font>

Given the read, how often would check this flop. In case u checked, go for a CR on turn, or lead out?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Would u be checking this flop agaisnt this player

Hey Leo you are usually just missing bets by checking your monsters on the flop. Either they are gonna pay you off/play back at you or they aren't so you might as well get the party started on the flop especially with the calling station hanging around. If the flop had been capped three ways would you have posted this asking the same question?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:34 AM

Bet, it sucks to see it checked through.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Leo you are usually just missing bets by checking your monsters on the flop. Either they are gonna pay you off/play back at you or they aren't so you might as well get the party started on the flop especially with the calling station hanging around. If the flop had been capped three ways would you have posted this asking the same question?

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. Plus, according to the original post, this guy has an aggression factor of 0. So, there's no way I risk this getting checked through.

FYI - Assuming he smooth calls the flop, I lead the turn as well for the same reasons.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:51 AM

Is that a joke?

He has an AF of zero and you're asking if you should try to check/raise him when he's given no indication whatsoever that he'll be betting?

What i want to know is how you recall him raising flops and yet he still has an AF of zero.