Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Poker Channel?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure there is a poker channel across the pond, you'd think we'd get one here in the states too...

Because who can get enough of Mike Sexton and VVP???

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate those two. Mike needs to not move his hands so much. AND i hate the commentators on ESPN. that one guy is NOT a stand up comedian. just give me poker on mute, and i'm good. but yea... poker channel woo!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:10 PM

They really only need about 8 hours of programming a day. The rest they can fill with infomercials like the golf channel does.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, didn't know that those channels played old stuff, I''ve only seen instructional shows and live coverage.

I hope it does happen, however I dont see ESPN allowing Fox to have rights to show old WSOP shows, Fox allow ESPN to air any of their tourneys, or Travel Channel allow either of the other two to air any old WPT.

IMO, which ever channels starts it will have to have an decent in house library and/or access to lesser known tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why they would not allow that. It would mean more revenue for those channels as any airing by the Poker Channel of a show from another network would be subject to royality fees I am sure among with other fees.

I find CBS shows like CSI on the NBC station, or Vegas on TNT, etc, etc, etc...
Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 PM

I'd like it if they didn't show many repeats. With the amount of poker being played.. they could have something like "Live at the Bike" everyday and also televise some of the smaller weekly tournaments every week.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they could have something like "Live at the Bike" everyday

[/ QUOTE ]

They have started showing this on the uk poker channel.

Another new thing they have started doing on both poker channels is having about 3 hours of online poker every night with hole cards exposed (10 mins delay from the live game).

The poker channel showed a lot of live poker during the British poker open. And it's about to show a series of speed poker shootout tournaments where players have about 15 seconds to act on their hand.

It also has a show where 5 amateurs get to play with Doyle Brunson.

lots of things a poker channel can do.