3 17 7.20%
2 33 13.98%
1 27 11.44%
0 96 40.68%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-27-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Do you support Bush?

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the "wire tapping" issue, I have seen and read that it was only numbers that:

a) Were contained in material seized from captured terrorists.

b) Were coming from or to known terrorists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Riddle me this Batman- if there was evidence that they were terrorists, why not go to a judge and get a warrent?
Old 12-27-2005, 09:21 PM

I support Bush, inasmuch as I hope that his policies work out well for Americans. I generally disagree with most of his policies, and I am disappointed in his unwillingness or inability to raise the level of discourse in this country. (I am disappointed in most other public officials for this same trait.)

EDIT: Regarding domestic spying, I do not approve of the disregard shown for the courts based on the information I know now. I am open to more information becoming available during the course of the hearings that occur and changing my opinion, but I believe that the claimed benefit of disregarding the established procedures is much smaller than the possibility for abuse by either this administration or a future one.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:22 PM

"OVERALL i support Bush. I've always thought the WMD reason was a mistake for the USA to hang its motives on. I wanted us to remove Saddamn because HE WAS AN UNACCEPTABLE THREAT TO NECCESSARY MIDDLE EAST STABILITY."

Do you consider Iraq to be more stable currently than it was during the previous 10 years of saddam's regime?
Could the billions spent on the war have been spent more effectively on stabilizing the middle east?

"Yes, it would be best if such sticky actions were free of constitutional issues, but it's most inportant that WE ARE FINDING TERRORISTS THAT ARE PLANNING TO KILL US EN MASSE."

So why not go to a judge and have a legal amount of oversight? If need be set up a court where a judge is on call 24 hrs and can review the evidence within an hour or two and render a decision.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:18 PM

I find that WHEN I TYPE IN ALL CAPS I FEEL AS IF I JUST LANDED ON AN AIRCRAFT CARRIER WITH A BIG "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" BANNER. Don't you agree?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If need be set up a court where a judge is on call 24 hrs and can review the evidence within an hour or two and render a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we already have this...and if you're in a rush, why don't you wait 3 days after you start tapping?

The legislative and judicial branches need to get some balls and reign in the executive branch.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Riddle me this Batman- if there was evidence that they were terrorists, why not go to a judge and get a warrent?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you suppose a NOC/black ops agent could get a warrant from a federal judge to monitor a terrorist?
Old 12-27-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"HE WAS AN UNACCEPTABLE THREAT TO NECCESSARY MIDDLE EAST STABILITY."

[/ QUOTE ]

None of his neighbors in the region perceived him to be a threat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting my ass kicked in Omaha/8 so I'm in a fowl mood [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. This is simply an unbeleivable response considering he waged war on Iran and Kuwait and if memory serves launched some scud missles in the direction of Saudi Arabia. God only knows how many Kurds and Shias he was responsible for murdering and you claim neighboring countries didn't perceive him as a threat?

Also it's incredible to me that so many posters on this forum value stability of autocratic, despotic, murderous dictators. For crying out loud North Korea is stable too does that make their government desirable or even legitimate? The Shah of Iran was stable for a long period of time. Hell the Soviet Union was stable for many, many years.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:38 PM

I don't like George Bush, but do you realize that mentalities like yours aren't helping the cause when it comes to pointing out his serious flaws?

[ QUOTE ]
Global warming - NO

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that even mean? George Bush, to my knowledge, hasn't come out in support of global warming.

I could go on, but I don't care to. These cookie-cutter liberal jabs at Bush, IMO, do more to distract from the real reasons he's a bad president than anything else.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:00 AM

chessforlife - How many times have you clicked "Yes"?
Old 12-28-2005, 01:01 AM

As i understand no groups that would have problems gaining a warrent have jurisdiction to function in the US.