Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 04:49 AM

Default My pocket KKs are losing

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I've been playing online 2-4 limits, and my pocket Kings are losing. I've played over 3000 hands and my Kings are always losing to pocket AA, Ace on Board, and other draws. I think I'm losing over eight dollars every time I get them losers. I'm afraid to even play them Is there anyone that can help me with any stategy against multiple players and against Aces on board. I always bet it hard before the flop and sometimes on the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2005, 04:57 AM

Default Re: My pocket KKs are losing

3000 hands is nothing, if you really want some reassurance, go through all your hand histories and look at the way you play them and decide if you are PLAYING them correctly, it doesn't matter what the results are. just focus on playing them right, its normal to go 10-20,000 hands and have hands that normally earn a lot show a negative.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 AM

You could go to showdown every time and not lose money with KK.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:59 AM

You sample size is 0. It's like you are worried about going outside because once you went outside and a bird pooped on you.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:03 AM

Its impossible to lose with AA, KK, and QQ. simple.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You sample size is 0. It's like you are worried about going outside because once you went outside and a bird pooped on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the first time i've done this but... nh.

i know how he feels though, i think i made a post similar to this on the livejournal poker community a year ago.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played over 3000 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

You get each pocket pair once every 221 hands, so this means you've had KK roughly 13 times, and of those approx. 13 times, you remember the painful losses. You probably don't remember the wins. Selective memory.

Also, the long run is a really, really long time. 3000 hands is nothing. I played 3000 hands over the weekend.

Anyway, AA, KK, and QQ are just too powerful. No other hands will win more often. Period. It's impossible to be a long-term loser with them, unless you fold the flop every single time. AA and KK are where most of your money comes from.

Here are my results over 220K hands, at various limits (mostly 2/4):

Oh, BTW, get PokerTracker!

-- Kevin
Old 10-16-2005, 07:30 AM

Hi!

Could you, or someone else, give examples of a good line heads up (both in position and out of position) when an ace hits the board? Assuming the opponent seems to be pretty tight and aggressive, but you havn't any reads on him.

Thank you in advance!
Old 10-16-2005, 07:47 AM

I suck when overcards to my pocket pair come on the flop.

Like everything in poker, "it depends".

How many opponents, board texture, how loose are they, how aggressive are they, etc.

The fewer opponents you have, and the looser they are, the more inclined you should be to want to go to showdown.

If you're in position against one or maybe two opponents, you can bet or raise the flop, bet the turn, check behind on the river. You can probably fold to a check-raise anywhere along the way. You can also probably fold if they bet out at you on the turn or river, after you've bet or raised the flop.

Out of position, it's more difficult (it always is).

Every situation is unique. Post specific hands, specific situations.

-- Kevin
Old 10-16-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You get each pocket pair once every 221 hands, so this means you've had KK roughly 13 times, and of those approx. 13 times, you remember the painful losses. You probably don't remember the wins. Selective memory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its evrey 121 hands for pocket pairs!