Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-21-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: battle of blinds on bubble

[ QUOTE ]
is it -ev for any calling range of opp? or only for certain calling ranges?

[/ QUOTE ]

i promise it's not -EV for the range of "villain folds everything."
Old 07-21-2005, 12:02 PM

well, yeah

but i'm more interested in which ranges...cause he said 'slightly negative' which makes me think most ranges may be slightly positive
Old 07-21-2005, 12:07 PM

I'd push that every time against any reasonably tight BB.

I would bet his calling range is extremely tight here - high pocket pairs or A with good kicker... I think you take those 300 chips over 95% of the time against this guy making this an any 2 push.

But then again some well respected SNG'ers have said fold on this thread so don't take my word for it...

rvg
Old 07-21-2005, 12:11 PM

as a seperate question, what would your calling range be? assume i've been average in terms of aggressiveness.

i'd be calling hands like 77, A8, KQ, maybe more. villain is deep enough that he can call, lose, and still be comfortably ahead of the shorty.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this. You can't put enough pressure on the BB to make him fold a hand like A9, KQ, or 77. Plus UTG is going to be very desperate very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran this through Eastbay's program using those calling ranges (which I think Durron was right on the money about) and it shows this as being a clear push at +0.9%. 32o is also a push with a +0.5% so according to ICM this is an any 2 push.

rvg
Old 07-21-2005, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I fold this. You can't put enough pressure on the BB to make him fold a hand like A9, KQ, or 77. Plus UTG is going to be very desperate very soon.
I ran this through Eastbay's program using those calling ranges (which I think Durron was right on the money about) and it shows this as being a clear push at +0.9%. 32o is also a push with a +0.5% so according to ICM this is an any 2 push.

rvg
Old 07-21-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd be calling hands like 77, A8, KQ, maybe more. villain is deep enough that he can call, lose, and still be comfortably ahead of the shorty.

[/ QUOTE ]

My blind defense is a lot weaker than my blind stealing right now but what you listed was right about where I would draw the line.

rvg
Old 07-21-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My blind defense is a lot weaker than my blind stealing right now but what you listed was right about where I would draw the line.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

did you run sngpt for that range? also, what do you think an average villain's range will be there? i'd guess a little looser, but i'm not sure.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:33 PM

Well SNGPT doesn't give you ranges - it does give you templates but really the ranges that people call with are based on so many factors so really it is experience that tells you what their range might be in any given scenario. SNGPT lets you analyze results based on the ranges you determine for each player.

I'd say the average tight player goes with that range while a loose player would open it up considerably. Any pair, any ace, most kings and probably any 2 face cards.

rvg
Old 07-21-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well SNGPT doesn't give you ranges - it does give you templates but really the ranges that people call with are based on so many factors so really it is experience that tells you what their range might be in any given scenario. SNGPT lets you analyze results based on the ranges you determine for each player.

I'd say the average tight player goes with that range while a loose player would open it up considerably. Any pair, any ace, most kings and probably any 2 face cards.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe some confusion.... i was asking if you ran sngpt for whether it's correct to push a6 against this range:

[ QUOTE ]
i'd be calling hands like 77, A8, KQ,

[/ QUOTE ]

and then a seperate question of what range an average BB will have.