Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: First Post -Right Push?

if he calls with tt no matter what he probably calls with aq no matter what too, which boosts your EV significantly
Old 12-29-2005, 02:26 PM

A push is fine here. Personally I think I'd probably call and see a flop b/c its live and you can play the player. Pushing is what I'd do online, it sorta conceeds your ability to play poker, in this situation.

To the people who asked why pushing is standard: With AK you want to generally see all 5 cards. You're also out of position, so by pushing you basically nullify that disadvantage, and put villian to the test. Villian could also fold and you increase your stack by 20%+. Both of those are win win, and you're really only afraid of villian having two hands: AA and KK. You're verly likely goign to get all your money in with the best hand, which is all you can ever ask for, and especially at this stage of the tourney knocking someone out is huge, and doubling up is huge. You're playing for first, not to get ITM.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're playing for first, not to get ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you sure about this? With 14/50 spots paid (way too deep BTW) the structure is likely to reward survivalists.