Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Would You Play On This Table?

So I just got done running my mouth in these forums and logged on to stars. I play both plo and nl on the 1K/2K tables and checked out the plo first. I see 2 2K tables and one with a healthy 1500 pot average. Then I see 4 players from amsterdam on it. 1 is a very good player, 1 is a tricky somewhat lag, and the other 2 are total donks. I've played with all of them before and don't mind playing with any of them. But 4 players from 1 city on a 9 handed table is too much for me. Even though it is just as likely that these 4 are regulars in the games there like Rolf and happen to be playing online when a local game doesn't go, this still is too much for me to trust.

Ray Zee made a comment a few years back about the danger of collusion in online games where you have more hidden cards like omaha and triple draw. So even if two or more players weren't making any funny protection bets and raises, the possibility of shared card knowledge could strongly influence calls especially on drawing boards.

Now out of fairness, I should mention that I frequently play with a lot of english players and it is not uncommon to have 2 from London and a couple from elsewhere. But I have never seen anything funny from them and in fact they relish playing big pots headsup with each other. But regarding one of those Dutch players, I have NEVER seen that person play without at least one other Dutch player on the table.

There are bounds to my trust in the fairness of online games and this type of situation exceeds them. So since the party plo games suck right now I'll just go play no limit which is fine since that is 65% of what I play anyway.

Rolf if you read this, I would be interested in your comments. Again I have never seen any of these Dutch players do anything funny together in hand like I have those of a certain other nationality (think bear-skin hats and onion domes), but I still don't like such situations. Maybe however you know who all of them are in the B&M world though and don't think there is a problem. Again, I would be interested in your thoughts.