Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 09-08-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Auto fold program

[ QUOTE ]
..the biggest problem is that I wan to win money, but I'm too lazy to actually play poker

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 09-10-2005, 11:35 AM

As others have said, an autofold program IS a bot, and you WILL get banned if you get caught using it, and you might even have the money in your account seized.

I don't think any of us would consider the use of such a minor bot to be unethical, though. If you think you can get away with it, and want to take the risk, go for it.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As others have said, an autofold program IS a bot, and you WILL get banned if you get caught using it, and you might even have the money in your account seized.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what site you plan on using this program. Ultimate Bet and their skins approve of it's usage.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AutoIT is comparable to VB, would having VB installed get me banned? What about a C++ compiler, what about Perl or Apache?

Not to mention that you could just compile it to an exe and you wouldn't even need AutoIT installed.

To the OP, I created this exact program about 2 weeks ago (strange enough) but I only programmed it to work with 1 site. I'm constantly switching sites and chasing bonuses, so I just don't think it's worth the time to program it to work with the majority of sites. It'd need constant maintenance too.

I think it's just easier to 4 table and use the auto fold buttons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you compiled it to an .exe and ran it, Party could still find it if they really wanted to. They can see any process running on your PC when their client is open, take screenshots if they want, all that kinda stuff. Not that they'd bother for an autofolder, but for a proper full play bot, perhaps...

I wouldn't have a problem with an autofolder ethically.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:22 PM

Magnus,
You should try Fold'em. It'll take care of your trash hands preflop and also play a sound. There's a free trial.

Check out www.fold-em.com

-3putt
Old 09-19-2005, 01:06 AM

fold'em looks kinda cool as a concept but the way it's designed seems kinda useless...

1. if I could see all the tables I wouldn't need it.
2. the purpose for having such a thing is so that you could run from 6 to 20 tables on one screen, only the tables that have a potential hand would pop up, the rest would be out of site.
3. needs to read the hh file as it is written, not screen capture, eliminating the need to see all tables.

right concept, wrong programming

unless you were just brand new at multitabling i guess...

Just my review

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 09-19-2005, 04:05 AM

Has anyone tried this at the party skins?

I would love to try it to help multi table but don't want to risk any problems?

They give instructions on avoiding detection and I don't have any moral issues with it. I mean really what is the difference?

Any info appreciated.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:41 PM

wateronrock,
If you have any future ambitions re: Party Poker or skins which is currently the warehouse for fish and you are making any money and would not like to lose your bankroll, I would not take anyones word for it on a forum.

Just wait for a while, the truth will prevail and you will have others who can try it and contact Party Poker and skins to determine if it violates the TOC. They will also be the first ones to complain when their bankroll is confiscated versus those who are successfully using it and will never tell as they may be outed.

P.S. The fact that you/or they(the company) are taking evasive measures should give you enough heads up for right now to back away from this...

Just my thoughts

I also am not trying to discourage the maker of this device as I would love one if it did what I needed it to do and it was openly not against the TOC of my favorite hunting ground.

So keep up the good work Fold'em, get us some better documentation re: Party skins feelings on the matter and a way to read the HH's as they arrive so you don't need to screen scrape requiring all windows be visible. We need this for 6+ tables not 6 or less, anyone can do that by himself with a little practice...

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co
Old 09-19-2005, 04:04 PM

Thanks for the reply wdbaker.

I don't mind it having to screen scrape as I use two monitors, so all eight screens are visible.

I have a feeling that if it is possible to use this programe without problems from party, that those who are using it will try and keep it quiet. The less users, the less likely that party will bother with it.

Multi tablers would be very interested in this software, so why isn't there more interest?

I make a living on party skins so I have to be carefull.
Feel free to PM me with any info, it would be appreciated.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:54 PM

no agenda on my behalf and I don't have anything like this happening yet...

This software must be awfully new though cause I've never seen it before so now that it has been noted here, it wouldn't surprise me if others try it and will come crying back hear if they lose their accts within a short time...

my guess is you'll know fairly soon if Party is going to buy into it. They already are checking people who are using any kind of macro as a hotkey because they know this could lead to automation with a little knowhow.

Just be careful is all I'm saying

One Street at a Time
wdbaker Denver, Co