Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Results

Both you and villain played this hand like puke. Fold preflop next time.
Old 05-12-2005, 04:44 PM

First post, been lurking for a while but just registered today -- Read commentary on Villian/Hero play, and from looking over it, I can't argue too much with Villain's play...

He raised out of SB with TT, which was fine, got callers, and hit top set. His continuation bet on the flop is fine, getting 2 callers with the best hand on a relatively drawless hand (most winning players won't generally limp in MP with J9/97 and call a 6xBB SB raise)...

Pot-sized bet, again, got a caller, and unless Hero is slowplaying AA, he has his opponent dominated. If indeed you are or appear to be the 2nd best player or hand reader at the table, and you were calling him down, he has no reason to think you were chasing a runner flush, and got his money in when well more than half the time, against decent opposition, he's taking this hand down... I personally don't push there, maybe a $500-600 value bet, but to me is seems far from puke.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: $3/5 NL live, 350BB stacks

[ QUOTE ]
aiming primarily for hands that I stack people with online: Backdoor straights, Backdoor flushes, Gutshots, and, where appropriate Two Outers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Appropriate two outers? Back to the drawing board dude...
Old 05-12-2005, 07:23 PM

Villain's line was pretty standard (maybe bet more on the flop?). Calling preflop was iffy you're playing deep stacked enough that if you play well you could make it profitable, the flop was a routine call, the turn if you think he's that strong its a marginal call. On the river take down the money and thank your horseshoe that you hit the only the way you could win the hand besides runner-runner Q. I don't think that this hand was -Ev or +Ev , because mathematically you were a 2:1 dog preflop then $50 to 2000 to hit your runner-runner flush on the flop (9*8/45*44). Then 300 to 2000 to hit the flush on the turn (8:36). The math comes out pretty close maybe someone more math-oriented can do it exactly but my guess is you won or loss less than 100 dollars in actual cash. Fat game btw
Old 05-13-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: $3/5 NL live, 350BB stacks

lol nothing man, those are exactly the same

you wanna come to our home game? seriously...

PM me for the time/address, its in the LA area, i sure hope you are too.

Andre